What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

insert.pause

First Grade
Sunday arvo and school holidays makes sense in every other market, but in a city that exists almost exclusively as a holiday destination that'd be prime business hours for them, wouldn't it?
It's bs, it's transient to a degree, there's still hundreds of thousands living, working, raising families on the Gold Coast, it's really ignorant thinking it's just a beach and a couple of theme parks. Its a cop out excuse because the local team are perennial strugglers, if they get their shit together again they will average close to 20k.

Saint Doc

Coach
I think we are all disappointed with what has happened at the Gold Coast. When they started it was 18k average, sellout vs broncos.
Now it’s 12k average, 18k vs Broncos .

Out of interest last year’s AFL suns vs lions attracted 12k, so it’s not limited to rugby league on the coast.

Vee

First Grade
I reckon 18k is a very encouraging crowd in the circumstances - GC struggling and just about gone for the year, Brisbane up and down, both sides without Origin players.

Just reinforces my view they're on the up and with some good additions arriving next year, the future is brighter there than for some years.

Dunno what their marketing is like down there but I'd take the job as I see so much upside.

Canard

Immortal
I reckon 18k is a very encouraging crowd in the circumstances - GC struggling and just about gone for the year, Brisbane up and down, both sides without Origin players.

Just reinforces my view they're on the up and with some good additions arriving next year, the future is brighter there than for some years.

Dunno what their marketing is like down there but I'd take the job as I see so much upside.

More then half the teams in the NRL would be chuffed to have the Titans average

jim_57

Staff member
I think we are all disappointed with what has happened at the Gold Coast. When they started it was 18k average, sellout vs broncos.

Out of interest last year’s AFL suns vs lions attracted 12k, so it’s not limited to rugby league on the coast.

I still get the feeling there is potential there if they could just get a competitive team on the park for a couple of years running. Ever since those early years when they made top 4 a couple of times they have been run like shit off and on the field for the most part. If they ever have a run of 2-3 good years I could see that average back around the 20k.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

A shit GC team still pulls better crowds than a high-flying suburban Sydney club.

I dont know if people just set a higher standard for Non-sydney teams. But, all things considered, the Tits are going f*cking great by NRL standards.

Saint Doc

Coach
A shit GC team still pulls better crowds than a high-flying suburban Sydney club.

I dont know if people just set a higher standard for Non-sydney teams. But, all things considered, the Tits are going f*cking great by NRL standards.

Now I know full well that this year has been confounded by Commonwealth games and regional matches. And I doubt today’s crowd has been included yet which will bump up the average. But I don’t know how you can make those claims when these are the numbers?

34F796B3-D6E4-4F4C-BD35-F4FC51B6F365.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
At cbus titans are

Avg 12,759. Above Parra and Canberra And not far off 5th placed roosters who were boosted by big Adelaide crowd

So they’re 14th not 16th.
Hardly “going f*cking great by NRL standards” as claimed.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Now I know full well that this year has been confounded by Commonwealth games and regional matches. And I doubt today’s crowd has been included yet which will bump up the average. But I don’t know how you can make those claims when these are the numbers?

34F796B3-D6E4-4F4C-BD35-F4FC51B6F365.jpg

Is GM home games this far? Surprised Newy is where we are as out HG crowds have dropped off since we went to shit in the last 8 weeks

Perth Red

Post Whore
So they’re 14th not 16th.
Hardly “going f*cking great by NRL standards” as claimed.

Nope, but not as terrible as everyone always seem to make out about titans either. People go on about gc being a sporting wasteland and people not following sport but give them a half decent team and a well run club and they’ll be in the top half of attendances without doubt.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I just wish they could convert it into memberships. It'd be great if GC could become Queensland's answer to Newcastle. A consistently passionate region.
Every junior, amateur, Touch and Tag club/player on the Gold Coast and the surrounds should have membership or be at every home game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Every junior, amateur, Touch and Tag club/player on the Gold Coast and the surrounds should have membership or be at every home game.

We are in the sales business and customers are earnt not expected. Has the new Titans management actually done much work or invested any money in engaging with these rl connected people?

azza29

Juniors
Titans ticket prices can’t be helping. Just looked at what’s available for the Storm game next month, $38 to sit in the corner (“Steel” category), and there appears to be all of one GA bay in another corner which is $27. “Titanium” seating on the try line is $76!

Latest posts