What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

JamesRustle

First Grade
doesn't harm most of the sides doing well on field in Sydney playing to empty stadiums

does it
No. But a one town team would most likely perform better when fully embraced by the locals.

Sydney teams have plenty of other things to distract themselves away from playing in front of small crowds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Are you suggesting it’s bad all the games in Sydney because you think neutrals go to games in Sydney if their team is not playing or Sydney clubs are drawing poor numbers when playing out of town teams so having a large number of games is going to screw the Round when so many are in Sydney?
Do you understand punctuation? That's one big block of text to me.

I'm suggesting that the rare rounds where the majority of games take place in one location means neutrals/casual observers are less likely to attend all the games because all the neutrals/casual observers are in the same spot.

The answer isn't to just take away existing teams.

and he said Sydneys crowds aren't a problem & decentralisation had occurred in Sydney already

now
that's a hatrick of derp hahahaha
I actually said rationalisation, you know, when Balmain & Wests merged, Manly & Norths merged AND St George & Illawarra merged, and Souths were kicked out (albeit temporarily). That took us from 12 teams down to 8.

If you think Sydney needs more teams gone, who do you cut, what's the ideal number? What happens to the core fanbases of those clubs?

Valheru

Coach
Canberras problems are fixable
A better performing team with a better stadium & schedule

Sydneysiders tell us the reason they don't watch their team at their home ground, or anywhere else for that matter
( even when they lead the comp)
is because it's all too hard & they couldnt be stuffed.
But they demand the right to retain them in their backyard anyway like the entitled sods they are

That's not fixable
So let's stop trying

Less teams in Sydney
That's the solution

No they aren't.

You keep telling us the weather is the issue.

That won't be changing.

Burns

First Grade
So,

Any talk at all about this Friday's absolute blockbuster between Roosters v Souths? Nope? Just talking about Penrith coaching. Cool.

A game that should (and with lowered expectations as well mind you) get at least 25,000. Will it? Probably not.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So,

Any talk at all about this Friday's absolute blockbuster between Roosters v Souths? Nope? Just talking about Penrith coaching. Cool.

A game that should (and with lowered expectations as well mind you) get at least 25,000. Will it? Probably not.

SureLy it will pull at least 25k? If not I dont know where we go from here.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL! That old DH chestnut.
For f**k sake, are you actually serious?

Some people use one figure, others use the other. The NRL uses neither because they weren't consistent with counting earlier in the year and have a figure higher than both.

I've provided both so people can make their own assessment.