What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Finals Scheduling

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If it’s Panthers vs Warriors, FFS can’t we have it at Penrith?

Because the NRL have decided only ANZ and Allianz meet the standard for finals. And to be fair the game should draw well in excess of Penrith’s capacity, I expect both contingent to come out in force.

NRL won’t give Sharks a five day turn around.

Storm v Souths will be 8pm on Friday in Melbourne.

Not necessarily. The NRL would have to be aware that the AFL finals are on that day at the MCG (namely Melbourne v Geelong at 7.50 pm). As such they may put that game on the Saturday also. Have one of the elimination games in Sydney on the Friday night instead.

Other issue is you have the Swans playing GWS at the SCG on Saturday afternoon (i.e. 4.20 pm), so that could be a factor too.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Not necessarily. The NRL would have to be aware that the AFL finals are on that day at the MCG (namely Melbourne v Geelong at 7.50 pm). As such they may put that game on the Saturday also. Have one of the elimination games in Sydney on the Friday night instead.

Other issue is you have the Swans playing GWS at the SCG on Saturday afternoon (i.e. 4.20 pm), so that could be a factor too.

The swans will be finished by 7:30 so I reckon they put chooks/sharks on at 7:50 Saturday night. It will probably help with the crowd given roosters and sharks fans make up a good contingent of swans fans.

That would then leave us with (hopefully) storm/souths having the earlier saturday slot and the elimination games on friday/sunday.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If broncos get a home final, it will need to be on Friday or Sunday, rugby has Suncorp Saturday night.

TheFrog

Coach
if Penrith can't get more than their home ground capacity to a final, then kick them out of the comp.
It's not Penrith's fault. It is the NRL putting this game on. If you are selling a bum product and the intended buyer isn't buying, it never helps to blame the intended buyer.

Anyway if this is the game I think it'll do OK. Maybe not quite 21,500 but close.

TheFrog

Coach
There is trackwork between Blacktown and Lithgow next weekend, so it would make most sense for the Panthers match to be played on Friday before it starts.