What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

betcats

Referee
Bagged Cordner? My suggestion was for him to be benched in favour of crichton you simpleton.

Jimmy had a bad game, but his best trait is he has the mental strength to not let it worry him. That’s what makes him the best 5/8 in the world.

I suggest you panthers fans grow some thicker skin, otherwise you’ll be tying every origin period when anyone dares say a mean word about your players.

Im happy the way I am thanks f**kwit.

Just about everyone I have seen has acknolowged Maloneys mistakes and you are whinging cause he isn't getting bagged enough, he probably had more try assists last night than Pearce had in 18 origins. He has been the form half of the comp and we won, should people be calling for his head? Questioning if he is up to it? tool. If you want him crucified you are an idiot.

Danish

Referee
Im happy the way I am thanks f**kwit.

Just about everyone I have seen has acknolowged Maloneys mistakes and you are whinging cause he isn't getting bagged enough, he probably had more try assists last night than Pearce had in 18 origins. He has been the form half of the comp and we won, should people be calling for his head? Questioning if he is up to it? tool. If you want him crucified you are an idiot.

Fire up buddy

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
that's why Maloney is good, he is there when it counts.

Also probably sums up his weaknesses- he's there when the moments arise, right place right time right decision sort of guy, but he isn't much good at creating the moments himself.

Danish

Referee
roberts was on cleary's side of the field. maloney was clearly pulling the strings on the other side. it's why mitchell and ado-carr got a lot of ball (and props to Cordner for staying out of the way when he had too), and why T Trbj only really got involved when the ball was in the air. Roberts had practically no supply all night and from the way he limped off when interchanged, the achilles probably flared up

Maloney played both sides last night. The intercept was Maloney trying to find Roberts.

Cleary basically had no role in our attack, although I think Freddy may have planned it that way to reduce the pressure on him

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You can be a good player with weaknesses in your game. Maybe saying he is a bad "decision maker" isn't exactly right. Maloney isn't a bad "game manager" in a wider sense. However he doesn't have particularly good vision or execution on attack. For example, you're liable to see him take a wrong option when there's a chance on, throw a loose pass etc more often than a really elite half because he doesn't have that uncanny "vision" or elite skill level that a really elite half has.

There's no reason why a wholehearted player with a few shortcomings like this can't be an important cog in sides who make Grand Finals.
Unless he is a kiwi.

Kiwis have no Origin skills, except Brad Thorn. Who plays for AUS in league then Kiwi shyte gamer.

Frailty

First Grade
Just on the referees - since I see the papers are already going on about the 'look 3 penalties and the game was better, needs to be this way in the NRL'.

The referees blew those 3 penalties in the first 10 minutes. It set the standard for the game. The reason there were no more penalties? The players played by the rule set because they didn't want to give away a costly penalty. The game was good because there wasn't any hanging around in the ruck, players were getting back.

Notice Grand Finals usually have less penalties? It's because players don't want to give away the costly penalties - not because of a different refereeing standard.

Valheru

Coach
you dumb f**ks above needed a kiwi to talk some sense into you stupid shits!

roosters fans, cordner is not flash -> don't try and convince everyone else otherwise. he's relatively easy to handle because every merkin playing and watching knows what he's going to do.

non-roosters fans, he did his job and led the way which is what you want from your captain. better than having your captain as a left centre and his inside half starving him of any opportunity to have an impact and inspire his team. GI had to give away penalties to do it!

Cordner had influence in coming back and taking a carry in just about every single f**king set and helping out his middle forwards when they were buggered. a team needs balance, he's not going to break open a match with individual brilliance. you need your hard working toilers in a footy side and he's the best one there is. if every merkin was a glory hunter then none of the groundwork will be laid.

I don't think any roosters fan is trying to claim he was flash, in fact, we all agree with your last paragraph. We are arguing against the fools who are saying he was actively bad. these imbeciles see him taking tough hit ups as a negative and feel he should be making a line break from his own 20 every time.

He wasn't in our top 5 players, IMO our top 5 were Teddy, Cook, JAC, Latrell and Turbo but he certainly lead from the front when it mattered and was our best forward on the night (Cook aside)

big hit!

Bench
watching highlights.... chambers getting a bad wrap....had a couple of brain farts like maloney but 3 of his missed tackles came from the first NSW try LOL.....he was the only merkin backing up and forcing cook to pass to maloney and then forcing maloney to pass to tedesco and continued to push Teddy to the try line. in the past, you'd have both cronk & thurston making the effort to cover and that's why QLD were so good for so long. it's one of the things (along with the organisation of the team) QLD have lost without the big 4 there and there isn't a stat for that effort. as they say, 'lies damned lies and statistics.' at least he put in for it. no way Kevvie drops him for game 2

mxlegend99

Referee
Bagged Cordner? My suggestion was for him to be benched in favour of crichton you simpleton.

Jimmy had a bad game, but his best trait is he has the mental strength to not let it worry him. That’s what makes him the best 5/8 in the world.

I suggest you panthers fans grow some thicker skin, otherwise you’ll be tying every origin period when anyone dares say a mean word about your players.
Thicker skin? Roosters fans bite everytime someone mentions Boyd Fraudner being average. Why do you think people keep saying it?

Talk as much shit about the Panthers players as you want. We're not above criticizing our own. Well most of us anyway

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't think any roosters fan is trying to claim he was flash, in fact, we all agree with your last paragraph. We are arguing against the fools who are saying he was actively bad. these imbeciles see him taking tough hit ups as a negative and feel he should be making a line break from his own 20 every time.

He wasn't in our top 5 players, IMO our top 5 were Teddy, Cook, JAC, Latrell and Turbo but he certainly lead from the front when it mattered and was our best forward on the night (Cook aside)
No. Just one linebreak would be a start. He's turning into Paul Gallen 2.0

A captain can do more than take 7 metres hitups. But how would Fraufner know that? He learned from the master of that.

big hit!

Bench
Just on the referees - since I see the papers are already going on about the 'look 3 penalties and the game was better, needs to be this way in the NRL'.

The referees blew those 3 penalties in the first 10 minutes. It set the standard for the game. The reason there were no more penalties? The players played by the rule set because they didn't want to give away a costly penalty. The game was good because there wasn't any hanging around in the ruck, players were getting back.

Notice Grand Finals usually have less penalties? It's because players don't want to give away the costly penalties - not because of a different refereeing standard.

they used up their quota then.

gagai knock on was a crichton strip, and the the maloney pass to ado carr went forward by 4km....and I'm a NSWman

big hit!

Bench
No. Just one linebreak would be a start. He's turning into Paul Gallen 2.0

A captain can do more than take 7 metres hitups. But how would Fraufner know that? He learned from the master of that.

when we see the 4th tackle settler in the opposition red zone, and he gives away dumb penalties late in defensive sets, then we can go all Gallen & Greg Bird on him.

Much of his stuff is done early in the sets when the middle forwards are recovering from a return or something.

and on Gallen, I can see how he annoyed refs.....on 100% footy and last night's panel, he has to have the last word or respond to every single opinion. f**k, shut up! it's not the paul gallen show