What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 QF2 Fri - Storm 29-28 Rabbitohs @ AAMI

Finals Week 1: Storm v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

catstorm

Juniors
That sounds about right when I reflect back on the game.

I reckon the Storm was a lot tidier last year compared to this year. Im sure they made less errors last year and of course with that, a lot more completed sets.
Well I mean yeah, last years Storm team could be argued as one of the all time great teams this years team is a good Premiership contender but it’s not a great team even if it does win the title.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Game of the season. I hope it is us against them on grand final day and I hope it is just as good (with the scoreline reversed).

moffla

Bench
Well I mean yeah, last years Storm team could be argued as one of the all time great teams this years team is a good Premiership contender but it’s not a great team even if it does win the title.
Agreed. I don’t think last years team can be beaten tbh

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good chance seeing all the leg ups you got tonight. I've never seen the refs f**k Melbourne like that before....was nice
The end result was fair but counting out all the chicken wings and cheap shots are we??....

It’s very hard to take but I did not think we’d be in this position at start of year!

The refs shouldn’t change the rules just as it’s finals!

lazza

Juniors
Rubbish. Countless chicken wings and other grub tackles by them constantly ignored.
I agree, people focus too much on what is called but all the no calls are just as important.

All those no calls led to minor injuries like the Inglis chicken wing, elbows to the throat, kicker taken out late for Reynolds - that esp impacted his goal kicking. Despite being down a man for 10 mins for a minor breach, Souths did well.

SDM

First Grade
Minor breach?

You can't hold a players arm and deny him a try scoring opportunity.
10 minutes later B.Smirh does a soccer slide tackle to trip a player in identical circumstances and the refs don’t even penalise.

Bloke

Juniors
Tricky one to pick with both teams having some patchy recent form. Enough regulars back in the Storm side to make it a decent contest. Storm lose and they return next week with Chambers and NAS back in the squad. Barring any further injury a fully fit Melbourne side still have a solid shot at making the GF.

Tonight, Storm by 1.
Can I have this week’s Powerball numbers?

Spot On

Coach
There was plenty that wasn't penalised and a few inexplicable calls against Mlb including the Walker tackle over the side line by Scott and the Addo-Carr forward pass.

Both incorrect. Did Souths score from both those calls?

Cam Murray dropped the ball (knock on) and Mlb player dived on it (B. Smith) and they gave that back to Souths.

For once, an opposing team in Mlb well and truly got the rub of the green.

Can't complain about that.

Latest posts