What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Trials

mxlegend99

Referee
Storm also lost 3/4 trials. Does that mean we put a line through them too?

We are better off than last year when no one had gametime. No injuries so in that case it was good.

Mansour for one is better than he dished up. A lot of it would of been fatigue too
I must have missed where Storms full strength lineup lost to a reserve grade team. Link please.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Storm also lost 3/4 trials. Does that mean we put a line through them too?

We are better off than last year when no one had gametime. No injuries so in that case it was good.

Mansour for one is better than he dished up. A lot of it would of been fatigue too

Ignore the score for a second and look at how they played. The guy who runs everything football isn't happy and we have word from the club that Griffin is being stripped of responsibilities so it might be time to admit something isn't right.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ignore the score for a second and look at how they played. The guy who runs everything football isn't happy and we have word from the club that Griffin is being stripped of responsibilities so it might be time to admit something isn't right.

I have been to fan days and Gus has had that same look on his face. Of course things aren't right we haven't got that premiership yet. I'd be more concerned if we weren't doing anything

mxlegend99

Referee
I have been to fan days and Gus has had that same look on his face. Of course things aren't right we haven't got that premiership yet. I'd be more concerned if we weren't doing anything
Full strength side being outplayed in every area of the game is about as little as a team can do.

I mean seriously. If you think theres some genius reason behind our attack or whatever. Thats one thibg.

What's the excuse for the terrible discipline and poor defence? What could we give away by defending well and practicing good discipline?

We were shit. Not for any reason other than a bunch of pea hearted efforts by everyone. No way thats what we wanted.

OldPanther

Coach

Doing nothing would mean they think things are going well. The fact they are doing so much means they don't have faith in the coach anymore.

franklin2323

Immortal
Doing nothing would mean they think things are going well. The fact they are doing so much means they don't have faith in the coach anymore.

There wouldn't be a single team in the comp that isn't changing what they were doing last year. You hate the coach. Surely him doing less is good?

OldPanther

Coach
There wouldn't be a single team in the comp that isn't changing what they were doing last year. You hate the coach. Surely him doing less is good?

It's not about me hating the coach. It's about what's happening at the club. I could deal with it if things weren't as disrupted as they seem to be.

Frankus

Juniors
Yep we were bad in the dogs trial. Really bad. But the good thing is 2 points weren’t on offer.

I wouldn’t read too much into trials form. I remember we were smashed by the Roosters in a 2004 trial at the Gold Coast. Both sides almost at full strength. Morley put probably the biggest hit I have ever seen on Garrett Crossman. It was brutal.

I digress...we belted them early in the season.

TheFrog

Coach
Both Panthers and Dogs fans who went have said Gus was angry about it. I think that shows what's up more than anything.
Sounds like Graham Kennedy storming into Jack Thompson's coach's box in The Club. The former very quickly and quite rightly got put in his place.

franklin2323

Immortal
Every time he punts a coach with years to run on his contract, necessitating a hefty payout, his power in the club diminishes.

Yep exactly. The board will step in when they feel they need to. The good thing with having Brandy close to the day to day team. The board will know all

OldPanther

Coach
Sounds like a team not playing for the coach.

Just because we've been a mediocre club for a lot of our history doesn’t mean you get to expect us to be better than a fringe top 8 side. Who are you to question a coach who has set back the Renaissance of the club and who the f**k do you think you are expecting the team you love to compete with the likes of Storm/Cows/Roosters/Sharks consistently. You people make me sick.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just because we've been a mediocre club for a lot of our history doesn’t mean you get to expect us to be better than a fringe top 8 side. Who are you to question a coach who has set back the Renaissance of the club and who the f**k do you think you are expecting the team you love to compete with the likes of Storm/Cows/Roosters/Sharks consistently. You people make me sick.

Ahh yeah 1 trial loss means we won't complete with them... Maybe best to get a refund on that membership you have

OldPanther

Coach
Ahh yeah 1 trial loss means we won't complete with them... Maybe best to get a refund on that membership you have

It was hyperbole based on what people don't like and emulating what people sound like when half their comments are complaining about people's opinions.

There's more than a trial game. We have a mountain of information that says the club is in trouble internally. Hopefully we get the results this year but people have reason do be concerned after the last few years. For people to dismiss that as nothing but fairy tales is rediculous.

I'll be at every home game.

Latest posts