What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Trials

kinghippo

Juniors
Peach last night was dreadful. Shocking in fact. I can imagine (and hope) those tackle bags will be out in full swing come Monday.

I was pleased though with the little winger who replaced Dallin last night. Blake also looked quite OK, and big Sam has gotten through both trials OK too.
I am generally a peachy fan but I don’t think anyone deserves an automatic spot in the team if they are not deserving of it.
If his mind is elsewhere already we are under no obligation to play him.

OldPanther

Coach
Peach last night was dreadful. Shocking in fact. I can imagine (and hope) those tackle bags will be out in full swing come Monday.

I was pleased though with the little winger who replaced Dallin last night. Blake also looked quite OK, and big Sam has gotten through both trials OK too.

Read my game review

mxlegend99

Referee
There was in the first 15 minutes. What happend to it is anyone's guess.
In this first 15 minutes we had back to back sets on Bulldogs line. The attacking structure was identical to last year..before RCG spilled the ball over the line.

Cleary puts in a grubber and our whole left edge was offside.

We were completely clueless in the opposition 20. Sounds alot like last year. Bulldogs first set in our 20 they run straight through Maloney.

I only saw the highlights of the Roosters game. Makes no sense to have a dig against them. Name a stronger team this week and then not have adig at all.

OldPanther

Coach
In this first 15 minutes we had back to back sets on Bulldogs line. The attacking structure was identical to last year..before RCG spilled the ball over the line.

Cleary puts in a grubber and our whole left edge was offside.

We were completely clueless in the opposition 20. Sounds alot like last year. Bulldogs first set in our 20 they run straight through Maloney.

I only saw the highlights of the Roosters game. Makes no sense to have a dig against them. Name a stronger team this week and then not have adig at all.

I hate to say it but I think Wallace slows us down to much in the opp 20m.

franklin2323

Immortal

Peachey will be tackling all week no doubt. Sam had a few misses but nothing a stint in NSW Cup won't fix

franklin2323

Immortal
Giving opinions is not the problem but when they say the same thing over and over again from thread to thread it gets a bit monotonous
People can rant all they like but it won’t change anything
If you want to change something stand at the next board elections,
And for the record I’m not a fan of Griffin and I don’t want Des here either
If we go down the path of a new coach McGuire would be my preferred option

This. Is my feelings too

I am generally a peachy fan but I don’t think anyone deserves an automatic spot in the team if they are not deserving of it.
If his mind is elsewhere already we are under no obligation to play him.
Issue is he's the only real spark left at the club. When things aren't going to plan who's going to make something happen?

mxlegend99

Referee
Issue is he's the only real spark left at the club. When things aren't going to plan who's going to make something happen?
Moylan or Cartwright.

Oh wait...

From this squad I think our best chance at something from nothing is a forward making something from an offload. Outside of Peachey ofcourse.

Kikau created half an opportunity with an offload last night. Trouble was it went to a bloke with no pace. If Edwards were there instead of Wallace. Maybe it leads to points

CCJohnC

Juniors
I saw it as a training run gone bad.

Am I ready to tear my hair out and join a nunnery. No.

NQ lost to West Tigers by 15 or so points. (1st week of the trials)

Would I prefer if we'd won last night. Yes.

Will last night's mean anything come the 'proper games' in the NRL. No.

Will the bleating stop NO

Quote "One swallow (game) does not a summer (winter) make"

Whino

Bench
Trials as meaningless unless you get thrashed, have injuries or lose to a reserve grade side.

One can only hope the boys didn't take the game too seriously last night.

OldPanther

Coach
I agree with this, I love Wal, but we looked a lot sharper with Egan at 9.

It was Wal’s 1st run for the year, but I hope he isn’t playing one season too many.

That's my worry as well. We looked sharper with Katoa against the Broncos last year. This year in the Roosters trial we had Egan/Katoa and again looked better. It's just adding up for me.

Latest posts