What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 5th Test Australia v England, The Oval Sept 12-16

It was in South Africa, he allowed Warner and Bancroft to do what they did.

So you’d have to ask where his head was at?? It was a total failure of leadership as far as I’m concerned and if that wasn’t a burden I don’t know what is.

You were talking about his batting going to another level without captaincy, though. I’m not sure that’s the case. It’s just we forgot how good he is.

I agree it was a huge failure of leadership in South Africa, but I’m also a believer in learning from mistakes. I’d bet he’ll be a better leader because of that incident.

Bazal

Post Whore
But is there evidence Head is a good tactical captain? I’d rather experience of Smith unless it’s obvious the other captain is going to be much better.

Cummins we’re just taking a guess at, he hasn’t captained at any high level. But I’d still take a flyer on him this summer if it means moving on from Paine.

Head took SA to the Shield final at like 21 years old. He's got something there at least. More than Cummins I'd say

He may not be any better than Smith but he's also yet to have an abject failure of leadership too

There's not a clear cut option IMO, and that includes Smith

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Smith aint great but he is better than Paine.

Piane is only in the team because he is skipper, on form he shouldn't be there and I would take Carey over him any day.

As soon as Smith is available I think he will walk back in and Paine will retire and in comes Carey unless one of the other young keepers step up this summer.

I'm afraid we dont have any other choices.

Head took SA to the Shield final at like 21 years old. He's got something there at least. More than Cummins I'd say

He may not be any better than Smith but he's also yet to have an abject failure of leadership too

There's not a clear cut option IMO, and that includes Smith

Even with Head you come back to the problem he seemingly isn’t a lock for the team.

It’s a very tough situation, they’ll need to make a call soon though.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I was thinking about what a wanker Shane Warne and his commentary is but after closer inspection i have to admire him for realising that Australia would never have won had he gone bald so the decision to go to Advanced Hair Studio deserves some credit at least

At least Warney is smart enough to know his career was ruined had he gone bald

We’re going to need 400 plus here, anything around their score or below will make it very difficult batting last. I wouldn’t be confident of chasing anything over 200.

undertaker

Coach
Cummins/Hazlewood/Siddle need to take swing bowling lessons from Marsh, as Marsh was getting more swing than all 3 of them combined

undertaker

Coach
I was thinking about what a wanker Shane Warne and his commentary is but after closer inspection i have to admire him for realising that Australia would never have won had he gone bald so the decision to go to Advanced Hair Studio deserves some credit at least

At least Warney is smart enough to know his career was ruined had he gone bald

Warney could also bowl a few maiden overs and full tosses whilst he was at it.

undertaker

Coach
Peter Siddle's body is powered by Vodafone coverage the useless merkin
Still remember all those stupid Vodafone ads the Aussie cricket team in the leadup to the 2010/11 Ashes before they lost 3 tests by an innings in that series.

Glad that series ended Pontings captaincy, as he was well and truly past it by that stage and his temper outburst at the MCG over a DRS review was the icing on the cake.

Ponting wasn't a great captain either.

Blessed to have team of the century at his disposal and a great bat. For a man named Punter rarely gambled.

Other than Aust ODI captain 02-04, did he captain anything else?

What happened to that keeper who got dropped cos he wasn't sledgy enough, Peter Neville? Wouldn't he fit into our new nice guy team? Or if we want a new captain how about Josh Jackson? Could probably keep and bat better than Paine too.

some11

Referee
Realistically Smith is the only option, but we're all hoping some chessmaster appears from somewhere.

Give it to Lube change for the lols