What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 championship & league one..

Billythekid

First Grade
You’d have to choose Toronto at this point as this could potentially be a game changer for RL and open up a whole new market in North America.

Plus how long can the guy funding the Wolfpack afford another season outside of super league?

I mostly free though I still can’t help but feel like league in North America is a pipe dream that will ultimately fade again. League in France on the other hand has a genuine shot at getting bigger. Either way I’m happy with both options.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How will Toronto survive without SL money? Are they planning on getting their own Nth American tv deal and keeping all that money? Are the SL picking up travel and accomodation costs or are Toronto or each club covering it?

deluded pom?

Coach
How will Toronto survive without SL money? Are they planning on getting their own Nth American tv deal and keeping all that money? Are the SL picking up travel and accomodation costs or are Toronto or each club covering it?
The theory is, if TWP go up, that they won’t receive any central funding but won’t be paying for away teams to go to Toronto either.

adamkungl

Immortal
Not giving foreign teams a slice of the central funding is an error.

It means that any direct benefit the Wolfpack bring (ie a valuable Canadian broadcast deal) benefits them alone and does little to improve the competition.

What does Sky contribute? Somewhere in the region of 20Mil per year?
It wouldn't take a huge North American deal for TWP to be earning 2-3 times more than their English competitors.
At which point in typical RFL fashion they will ask TWP to renegotiate and give them a big slice despite contributing nothing for the previous years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not giving foreign teams a slice of the central funding is an error.

It means that any direct benefit the Wolfpack bring (ie a valuable Canadian broadcast deal) benefits them alone and does little to improve the competition.

What does Sky contribute? Somewhere in the region of 20Mil per year?
It wouldn't take a huge North American deal for TWP to be earning 2-3 times more than their English competitors.
At which point in typical RFL fashion they will ask TWP to renegotiate and give them a big slice despite contributing nothing for the previous years.

IF they can get a deal I actually like it, stops the flat cappers whinging about Jonny foreigner taking money out of the British game, no Brexit needed then. Also if successful and brings in decent money provides more impetus for other teams to start up in that country.

deluded pom?

Coach
IF they can get a deal I actually like it, stops the flat cappers whinging about Jonny foreigner taking money out of the British game, no Brexit needed then. Also if successful and brings in decent money provides more impetus for other teams to start up in that country.
Why bring up Brexit when you live ten thousand miles away?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why bring up Brexit when you live ten thousand miles away?

Because its a good example of the flat cap mentality of half of Britain and the blaming of foreigners for their ailments, its a pattern reflected in RL discussion boards. Taking out the funding takes out the whinging of fans who'd rather see a small pit village in SL than an international competition.

deluded pom?

Coach
Because its a good example of the flat cap mentality of half of Britain and the blaming of foreigners for their ailments, its a pattern reflected in RL discussion boards. Taking out the funding takes out the whinging of fans who'd rather see a small pit village in SL than an international competition.
Stick to Australian politics. You know nothing about living in the UK in 2019 other than hearsay. You’re an expat. You fecked off for a reason. If it’s so wonderful here why didn’t you stay?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Stick to Australian politics. You know nothing about living in the UK in 2019 other than hearsay. You’re an expat. You fecked off for a reason. If it’s so wonderful here why didn’t you stay?

Because it isnt wonderful, its sht lol. Brexit is just making it shtter. Just spent 5 weeks back, deary me what a joke the country has become.
I feel for my family and friends left over there, I wonder if I can get them refugee status here in the land of milk and honey?

deluded pom?

Coach
Because it isnt wonderful, its sht lol. Brexit is just making it shtter. Just spent 5 weeks back, deary me what a joke the country has become.
I feel for my family and friends left over there, I wonder if I can get them refugee status here in the land of milk and honey?
So I take it you emigrated the day after the referendum or was the UK shit before that?

Dark Corner

Juniors
Bit of mad one for the Thunder as they play Doncaster again at Kingston Park at 12pm in a double header then Rugby Union team the Falcons who have been relegated to the RFU Championship play Doncaster Knights at 3pm so be interesting to see if any cross in fans for both games.