What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 championship & league one..

Perth Red

Post Whore

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Recipe for disaster, reminds me of the Reds admission and the back breaking stipulation to pay for all travel and accommodation for three grades of visiting clubs. Just cant see where the Wolfpack are going to get the missing millions to be sustainable with no SL grant.
Hopefully they can get a tv deal and the owner keeps funding. I don’t think it’s fair but at the same time surely super league want them in if it means they can save a few pounds. Maybe even use those pounds to help with teams Toronto travel, ha ha a pipe dream.

Storm13

Juniors
Didn't David Argyle sell 49% of the Wolfpack to other partners?

Also there was a rumor that a few wealthy people were waiting for them to get to SL before they would invest heavily in the project.

deluded pom?

Coach
Here's a post from the TRL forum which I find very intriguing.

"We had, only a couple of weeks ago, people on this board arguing quite vociferously whether 1 round of games are played concurrently or consecutively is an existential threat to the integrity of the competition on the basis of an outlandish possibility that it could leave clubs engineering results for what are relatively minimal benefits (or even no benefit at all, just laziness).

Yet we have now created a situation where we could end up with a situation where we come to the last weekend of next season and say Wakefield are safely mid-table and Toronto stay up with a win, they play each other last game of the season, Why are Wakefield going to go out to win try and win that game if it means they lose £150k in funding?"

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here's a post from the TRL forum which I find very intriguing.
Why are Wakefield going to go out to win try and win that game if it means they lose £150k in funding?"

Or why would St. Helens go out and care about winning a game when they have a Wembley cup final the following week. It’s not like we don’t already have reasons clubs don’t go all out to win games.

deluded pom?

Coach
Or why would St. Helens go out and care about winning a game when they have a Wembley cup final the following week. It’s not like we don’t already have reasons clubs don’t go all out to win games.
We're talking about a team deliberately losing as opposed to one fielding a weakened team.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Just tuned into the Wolfpack V Rovers Grand Final to see Bodene Thompson score to give Toronto a 10 point lead with 20 to go.

TheFrog

Coach
For a second tier Super League game this was outstanding quality. Both these sides would go well in the SL the way they played, although Featherstone faded late. Very few stoppages and no bunker to interfere with the game.

langpark

First Grade
Really glad Toronto won. I was desperately hoping Newcastle could win promotion into the championship, for me that would have been just as exciting as Toronto's promotion, but unfortunately, it wasn't to be. Hopefully next season.

Dakink

Bench
Really glad Toronto won. I was desperately hoping Newcastle could win promotion into the championship, for me that would have been just as exciting as Toronto's promotion, but unfortunately, it wasn't to be. Hopefully next season.
Newcastle are a club on the move! Doing good things, I'm with you hoping they were going to progress...