What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

The Teach

Juniors
I found Hannat's comments fascinating. Now he and Tamou are good mates ?

Thats actually another interesting insight. Pretty sure Ben and Jimmy played together at the Cowboys so maybe he's got up to date inside info on how our playing group viewed Griffin.

Exsilium

First Grade
Penrith really is the poisoned chalice.

Win games, make the finals, promote juniors, play expansive football and be well liked and maybe you’ll keep your job.

Win a premiership and then you’ll be set in bronze outside panthers HQ.

Anything less and the fans, Gould and the playing group will hang you out to dry.

The Teach

Juniors
Which comes back to who did Gus speak to before hiring Hook??

Gus did say he spoke to a number of people within the Broncos organisation and they were glowing with their praise of him. Maybe they saw what it now being reported about terrible game plans and duped Gus?

franklin2323

Immortal
Gus did say he spoke to a number of people within the Broncos organisation and they were glowing with their praise of him. Maybe they saw what it now being reported about terrible game plans and duped Gus?

He says that. Who can believe it

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Win games, make the finals, promote juniors, play expansive football and be well liked and maybe you’ll keep your job.

Anything less and the fans, Gould and the playing group will hang you out to dry.

To be honest I think all NRL clubs (especially the ones doing well) are like this.

franklin2323

Immortal

Front office staff, 3 head coaches, numerous front office staff. How many players gone?

The new coach will bring their support staff. Maybe a few different style players... I can't see a new coach sliding in and going well using what we have now. So more changes to come

It is like Gus needs to keep moving stuff around.

Das Hassler

Bench
Surely someone did some research before both happened

Hmm....but it wasnt like the socceroos hiring a little known European coach for the next world cup campaign. ...as if Gus would need anyone's recomendation in regards any head coach from the NRL....he'd know the shoe size of every coach and assistant coach out there....it's a ludicrous suggestion that he could have gotten bad info from anyone

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Can I put on my tin foil hat for a minute. Was Hook *unknowing to him, brought in to bring Nathan through and get him settled as an NRL player ?

Now this has happened Hook get's shafted and Ivan is welcomed back like a long lost son ?

:p

I know it's out there. But could that be the process behind the last couple of years ?

franklin2323

Immortal
Hmm....but it wasnt like the socceroos hiring a little known European coach for the next world cup campaign. ...as if Gus would need anyone's recomendation in regards any head coach from the NRL....he'd know the shoe size of every coach and assistant coach out there....it's a ludicrous suggestion that he could have gotten bad info from anyone

Even more ludicrous that he is repeating the same mistake... He already offered the job to someone.

No need to rush

Das Hassler

Bench
When he said that he was given glowing recommendations about Griffin all i could do was laugh. ..talk about deflecting responsibility for a bad ( in hindsight) executive decision

Doomednow

Bench
Hook was obviously brought in due to his junior nurturing ability and a hope he wouldn't be absolute garbage at first grade. Turns out he's stubborn and has shit game plans and won't let players play to their ability. As if that wasn't obvious. He has bog average game plans that are just enough to make the finals, and only when the players are occasionally switched on enough to throw them out and play off the cuff to their strengths.

No idea who comes in but I hope they understand the individuals in the team and how to use them.

mxlegend99

Referee

Be well liked by who? No one had his back. Everyone wanted him gone. Players included