What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

OldPanther

Coach
Just listened to Gould on FOX... Bit annoyed he said he is not worried about winning the comp this year... WTF! Not what fans want to hear.

I am thinking the indications point to Freddy. But could well be Ivan.

Only idiot fans will be worried about that. Gus is building a strong club that will be competitive every year going forward. Like Melbourne have been.

lsta5838

Juniors
Only idiot fans will be worried about that. Gus is building a strong club that will be competitive every year going forward. Like Melbourne have been.

I would have worded it that we have a really good team at the moment, and are in a good place to win the comp this year, but also want to continue to build for the future. We haven't won it for 15 years and should be making the most of the good current crop we have.

Also, if Gus had interviewed Griffin 3 years ago, I am sure he would have found out more about his planned coaching structures etc.. anyway easier to know in hindsight.

franklin2323

Immortal
I would have worded it that we have a really good team at the moment, and are in a good place to win the comp this year, but also want to continue to build for the future. We haven't won it for 15 years and should be making the most of the good current crop we have.

Also, if Gus had interviewed Griffin 3 years ago, I am sure he would have found out more about his planned coaching structures etc.. anyway easier to know in hindsight.

I am with you. The whole thing was poorly planned. Now it will cost a payout. Possibly going over the off field cap etc... Very expensive exercise

Fangs

Coach
Just listened to Gould on FOX... Bit annoyed he said he is not worried about winning the comp this year... WTF! Not what fans want to hear.

I am thinking the indications point to Freddy. But could well be Ivan.

Don't worry. We are 100% making a tilt at this year's competition. That's why we just sacked our coach. Gus from all reports took over late last year. Now it appears he is doing it again, just a bit earlier than last time.

Actually kind of exciting. I don't think a team this high up the ladder has done this before so close to the finals.

OldPanther

Coach

I think Gus was having a brutally honest moment so he didn't wordplay for a minute.

I agree about not interviewing Griffin. There's a story around that the Tigers interviewed him and decided on Jason Taylor because Griffin was terrible in the interview.

tripster

Juniors
Regarding the non-interview of Griffin, Gould did say on 100% footy that the club undertook significant due diligence. Part of that included going to the Broncos and watching Griffin coach and interact with his staff. I think the whole “no interview” thing is overblown. It makes it sound like he hired him on a whim.

franklin2323

Immortal
Regarding the non-interview of Griffin, Gould did say on 100% footy that the club undertook significant due diligence. Part of that included going to the Broncos and watching Griffin coach and interact with his staff. I think the whole “no interview” thing is overblown. It makes it sound like he hired him on a whim.

Wasn't Hook coaching QLD Cup when we signed him?