What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

franklin2323

Immortal
You should have heard Fletcher's comments on the possibility of Bennett.
Very interesting.
He didn't rule it out and said Gould and Bennett could work together.

That would be good for 2 years. To put the polish on the guys than pass on too Ciraldo

tripster

Juniors

Thank you for posting this. It was very interesting to listen to. It was a fairly frank revelation of what occurred.

A few things that were interesting to come out of it. The board basically takes Gus's word for granted when it comes to anything to do with the management of the football club and makes decisions based on Gus's advice. Fletcher said the board has complete faith in Gould.

It also seemed pretty clear that the two coaches who have been approached are Ivan and Bennett. When asked about Bennett, Fletcher said quite a lot about why it would be an easy transition for Bennett to make, how he wouldn't need to rebuild the club, etc etc.

unKwn

Juniors
Gus Gould was being interviewed just then live, it was a bit quiet and hard to hear but he was asked about Bennett and he said he has nothing to do with it. I only caught the last 2 mins and I'm sure it will be uploaded

lsta5838

Juniors
Just listened to Gould on FOX... Bit annoyed he said he is not worried about winning the comp this year... WTF! Not what fans want to hear.

I am thinking the indications point to Freddy. But could well be Ivan.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Just watched Gus get interviewed live on Sky, a few points:
- he received 12 applications from coaches overnight
- we have a preferrred choice in mind but doesnt know when it will be announced
- sacking Hook had nothing to do with resigning Nathan, said we aren’t playing good footy at the moment (I guess that makes it performances based)
- tried to offer Griffin help 12 months ago and wanted him to use his support staff but Griffin is old school and wanted to do everything himself.
- wouldn’t comment if he had approached Ivan but said he doesnt see Ivan that often but has known him for 20 years and has a good relationship with him
- ruled out Trent Barrett/Cartwright for next year
- was asked if he could work with Wayne Bennett (and in my opinion looked very uncomfortable) and said he could but wasnt sure if Wayne could work with him. (I am confident Bennett is the one we are targeting).

Panther_Daz

Staff member
12 people have applied overnight apparently. Surely we give them all an interview and go through a proper process?

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Someone needs to consider poor Tim Grant. Left us because he didn't get along with Cleary and/or Cleary didn't rate him, ends up at the Tigers when Cleary arrives. Leaves the Tigers to come back to us in 2019.... and Cleary may be his coach again. Poor f**ker.

Latest posts