What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

No, Ivan is still the preferred option by the club.

I was responding to betcats who said we should be looking at all applicants.

I really hope Cleary rejects us. For his own self respect if nothing else.

But I also see real downsides to a father/son combo, something which could eventually really disrupt the team. Nathan might be well liked by the other players, but if he hits a rough trot where he should be dropped & isnt, watch the other players resent the hell out of that.

OldPanther

Coach
I really hope Cleary rejects us. For his own self respect if nothing else.

But I also see real downsides to a father/son combo, something which could eventually really disrupt the team. Nathan might be well liked by the other players, but if he hits a rough trot where he should be dropped & isnt, watch the other players resent the hell out of that.

Halfbacks are rarely dropped anyway so it won't be an issue.

Melbourne storm assistant

Storm assistant. next coach in waiting for someone

Thanks, sounds promising.

TheFrog

Coach
We can probably come up with a short list from the 12 but yeah we should being doing our due diligence and at looking at all applicants.
Not the Gus way. He already has his preferred individual. My feeling is it's Bennett. It will be made clear that we do not need nor can afford Darius.

I think we will see a bit more out of Nathan over the next few weeks. He seems like a kid who'd be doing everything hook told him, which means he was likely playing quite restricted.

Yeah I think that’s possible, hoping it’s the case. But it doesn’t translate to origin where he was a total no show. Fittler even said whilst being interviewed in game 3 that Nathan needed to step up more & take control.

Latest posts