What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

greenBV4

Bench
I’m at GMHBA Stadium now (quarter time break) - only the stand on the camera side is open. Pretty well packed on this side.

thats what I thought, would of been a better look to open up the side opposite the camera

what's your estimate on the crowd size?

mozza91

Coach
Weak effort. You’ve got one of the greats in Blakey Ayshford terrorising his opposite and no bastard is there to see it.

sempmrh

Juniors
That's not bad for a trial game out of Melb
Probably would have done better if it was played on a Saturday or Sunday - preferably an afternoon game. Fortunately it’s a fairly painless drive down from Melbourne so even on a Friday it wasn’t much of a hassle.

King hit

Coach
Yeah, I've noticed more and more kids are into soccer/football these days. Maybe because of the parents I don't know. When I was growing up in the Northern Beaches it was all rugby and league for us.

Just because it's a game where you don't get hurt and it's safe. Most kids switch to Rugby or something else the first moment they can.

beave

Coach
Yet no one talks about the Coast getting a team?

Windy day terrible conditions, Titans have no fans yet over 10k!! Give us a team.

my first time at that ground. Quite good for a qcup venue. Has plenty of room for expansion, would be interesting if they got their own team in the NRL.

Lots of NQ jerseys and merch there tonight, probably 5:1 in ratio on the eastern hill, was good to see.

Sharkman05

Juniors
Sunny Coast is bigger than Townsville, definitely big enough with enough support for an NRL team.

Wait till rnd 5 when the first ever game is played there, people will start to talk about how big the supporter base is.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
3328 at WIN
Approx 4k at Redfern.

No figures for Bega, Shark Park or Wynnum.

Stallion

First Grade
Good attendance at Sunshine Coast. Wonder what crowd the Western Sydney Wanderers will post for today's A LEAGUE game? It looks similar to the figure posted by another code (rugby union 7s,18000) a month ago.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The titans averaged over 12k last year and over 15k since their inception.
Fairly consistent slide which shows no signs of turning around. Probably also the team that consistently has a larger quotient of away fans than home at their games too.

Suitman

Post Whore
Good attendance at Sunshine Coast. Wonder what crowd the Western Sydney Wanderers will post for today's A LEAGUE game? It looks similar to the figure posted by another code (rugby union 7s,18000) a month ago.

It was no where near what you suggested, and they wouldn't do that.
The Wanderers fans hate the joint, just like Eels fans did.
Here is a sign put up at Spotless tonight at the Wanderers game. Their last ever game at Spotless, though they still have a few games at ANZ. No doubt, their sentiment will be even worse there.
It just goes to show how diabolical stadium infrastructure is in this state. f**k the AFL and previous state govts for allowing this to occur.