What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

OldPanther

Coach
The L word is the big one. The club lacks leaders. Have seen enough from Jimmy to know he isn't the right guy for the C.

Either someone puts their hand up this off-season or we must recruit with the captaincy in mind.

I'd give it to Yeo. With Nathan Co/Vice(halfback needs some authority)

franklin2323

Immortal
Ridiculous. Improving the discipline and getting rid of hook alone will get us into the top four next season.

No way do we need new forwards. Just let Merrin and Maloney go and get a hooker.

Look at NQ going for Munster and Holmes. Roosters, Sharks are stronger. If Isaac Luke does sign with Knights they finish infront of us...

So we more than just a new coach next year but none of what we need will happen

MrBlack

Juniors
Look at NQ going for Munster and Holmes. Roosters, Sharks are stronger. If Isaac Luke does sign with Knights they finish infront of us...

We need to make a play at Isacc Luke. Even for 1 year. Just need a good experienced hooker until Katoa/Egan are well and truly ready.

We need to make a play at Isacc Luke. Even for 1 year. Just need a good experienced hooker until Katoa/Egan are well and truly ready.

I agree we do need an experienced hooker for a year or 2. Katoa/Egan need a bit more time and still have more to learn.
Luke appears to be off to the Knights. The Mole is calling it so it must be close to being announced :)

MrBlack

Juniors
I agree we do need an experienced hooker for a year or 2. Katoa/Egan need a bit more time and still have more to learn.
Luke appears to be off to the Knights. The Mole is calling it so it must be close to being announced :)

Maybe look at Mitch Rein again?? Just need some experience there.

betcats

Referee

I disagree. The team started the year having been coached a restrictive, boring and overall ineffective style of footy for years. Give them an offseason under a coach who isn't a moron and we will look like a much different side.

We have a great forward pack and great outside backs, both packed with internationals. Its the spine that lets us down and has the most all season long. Maloney had an indifferent year and Nathan is to willing to sit back and play second fiddle to whoever. No established hooker and an injury at Fb adds to the issues as well as both halves playing origin.

Maloney isn't worth what we are paying him, he will be busted by this time next season again. If he wont retire from rep footy do everything we can to offload him, id still offload him even if he does retire from rep footy.

franklin2323

Immortal
I guess we will see but I just can't see where Yeo will get a passing game from. Whare can't get anymore speed etc. Time will tell

betcats

Referee
No but as a team the right side needs to find something more

Nathans(who attacked that side for the most part) confidence and decision making will improve under a different coach and the whole team will be better drilled with actually a few set plays to run and the freeing up on the halves kicking games will make our attack look a lot better after more than just a few weeks training and playing that way. Im hoping by next season once we have some decent structures in place next season we will start to see Nathan taking the ball to the line and really digging in more before passing, if he can start doing that more things will open up dpwn that side as well. Ive said a lot about Maloney but one thing he wasn't afraid to do was take the ball to the line and throw a risky pass which is what we need more out of Nathan, hold the intercepts but get into the line a bit on those backline movements.

I think Waqa best spot is right centre, swap him with Whare. Leave Kiks on the left and put our fastest winger on the left.

franklin2323

Immortal
Nathans(who attacked that side for the most part) confidence and decision making will improve under a different coach and the whole team will be better drilled with actually a few set plays to run and the freeing up on the halves kicking games will make our attack look a lot better after more than just a few weeks training and playing that way. Im hoping by next season once we have some decent structures in place next season we will start to see Nathan taking the ball to the line and really digging in more before passing, if he can start doing that more things will open up dpwn that side as well. Ive said a lot about Maloney but one thing he wasn't afraid to do was take the ball to the line and throw a risky pass which is what we need more out of Nathan, hold the intercepts but get into the line a bit on those backline movements.

I think Waqa best spot is right centre, swap him with Whare. Leave Kiks on the left and put our fastest winger on the left.

Did you happen to see Gallen's comments on 100% footy? He said they attacked our left because Kikau is prone to go low and allows the offload.

This is from one season of FG. If we have no other options Storm, Roosters etc can will just send backrowers at the halves safe in the knowledge we have no other options to put points on them

Fangs

Coach
No but as a team the right side needs to find something more

It does. A lot of it comes back to Cleary I think. Whare had been steadily improving and Mansour is our best finisher. Nathan needs to take advantage of them and improve his passing game inside the 20.

If Yeo and Cleary communicate well then our right side will be fine.

betcats

Referee
It does. A lot of it comes back to Cleary I think. Whare had been steadily improving and Mansour is our best finisher. Nathan needs to take advantage of them and improve his passing game inside the 20.

If Yeo and Cleary communicate well then our right side will be fine.

Sauce has been on the left