What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

kinghippo

Juniors
DWZ was close to the difference tonight, a few of his good runs were at crucial times and really spurred NZ on.
Well done, I am leaning towards him being our fullback next year, although it’s easy to think that when I haven’t seen Edwards for a while.
They each obviously have their strengths and whilst he may not be as safe as Edwards, his momentum is a big plus.

mxlegend99

Referee
JFH and DWZ in the NZ team had me hoping they would win.

Not much to like in this Australian team. DWZ defeats Fraudner as captain. Worth it for that.f**king love DWZ. His passion is awesome. Fraudner plays with the same passion as Bennett has in the coaching box.

kinghippo

Juniors
JFH and DWZ in the NZ team had me hoping they would win.

Not much to like in this Australian team. DWZ defeats Fraudner as captain. Worth it for that.f**king love DWZ. His passion is awesome. Fraudner plays with the same passion as Bennett has in the coaching box.
The Aussie team was poorly picked, I hate players out of position, and they all got found out.
jake T to lock, frizz to start, Rcg instead of McGuire, and if they must put Tommy T on the wing instead of centre.
But the long and short of it is they got out enthused.

We look a better side with Edwards at fullback imo. I think we really missed him at times this year & it’s a bit of an out of sight out of mind situation.

In saying that, no reason DWZ & Edwards can’t share the role throughout a game.
You're turning!!!

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Edwards stays a FB for mine, but I think we will see them switching around a fair bit.

Dal brings so much passion. Love the kid.

franklin2323

Immortal
We look a better side with Edwards at fullback imo. I think we really missed him at times this year & it’s a bit of an out of sight out of mind situation.

In saying that, no reason DWZ & Edwards can’t share the role throughout a game.

Happens all the time on here. Edwards is by far the best FB we have at the club

franklin2323

Immortal
Not by far at all.I still have him as my 1 but it needs to be objectively looked at over the preseason

No but both play the same style too. So for me which ever offers more in attack should be FB the other on the wing. That is where Dallin playing wing in NYC has hurt him

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I was thinking of our top 30 squad/development squad. Obviously it should change due to pre season stand training and performances but I think it should be something along the lines of

Backs: Edwards, DWZ, Mansauce, Whare, Waqa, Jed Cartwright, Caleb Aekins, Phillips, MWZ, Cleary, Maloney, May, Luai, Kieghran, Tyrell Fuimaono.

Forwards: RCG, Sam Mkendary, Tamou, Merrin, James Fisher Harris, Kikau, Yeo, Leota, Jack Herethington, Kaide Ellis, Liam Martin, Grant, Wayde Egan, Sione Katao*, Reed Izzard.

Development: Shawn Blore**
Dean Blore
Brian Too
Daine Laurie
J'main Hopgood
Billy Burns

Spencer Leniu to join the development squad when the next spot opens up.

*We're a bit short on proper dummy halves. When Egan went down in our ISP team Izzard (a second rower) went to hooker and the team went to shit and lost the semi final. I would probably include a 3rd hooker instead of Liam Martin if we had a good one. Apparently Meni Luke is explosive but he's unproven in the ISP.

**I think Shawn Blore needs a year to get used to the subtle aspects of playing second row. It's pretty different than lock which IIRC is what he's used to playing at club level.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
DWZ defeats Fraudner as captain.
Cordner isn't a captain's arsehole. Which is why he isn't really captain of the Roosters. They made him a co-captain to get him the NSW job and make him un-droppable. It means they can save a bit on the cap if he's a guaranteed starter for NSW.

Trouble is there's no-one else you'd make captain of NSW or Australia.

Heard Mal on radio saying Woods is one of the top 3 props in the game. Imao.

About on par with Merrin at the moment.

Last edited:

tripster

Juniors
I was thinking of our top 30 squad/development squad. Obviously it should change due to pre season stand training and performances but I think it should be something along the lines of

Backs: Edwards, DWZ, Mansauce, Whare, Waqa, Jed Cartwright, Caleb Aekins, Phillips, MWZ, Cleary, Maloney, May, Luai, Kieghran, Tyrell Fuimaono.

Regarding Phillips, do we actually know if he is with us next season? He was only on a one year deal and I haven’t seen any news about a re-signing.

OldPanther

Coach
Old Married Panther huh? Always a good shindig.

Yeah it took us forever to do it. It was a great night. The groomsmen had the wait staff trained to bring me beers as much as possible. It was like ninjas refilling before I knew what was happening haha.