What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't mind it, the wordmark looks a bit off.. but the logo is simple slick and works well with or without the wordmark, and can also be monotone or other colours

View attachment 24210 View attachment 24209 View attachment 24208 View attachment 24207

my only concern is how it will look on the jersey, especially with the vee it could easily be lost

biggest complaint on social media is the lack of yellow
If the membership site is anything to go by (and the "members logo" last year"), I think the yellow is almost exclusive now a thing for membership

gzerounian

Juniors
It is most definitely a coincidence but if you remember from a few months ago I in my mock Storm logo I justified the word "Melbourne" to the right. They have also done this. It would be nice to think that designers look at geek forums for inspiration.
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.59.19 am.png

greenBV4

Bench
I like the simplification approach but the execution is a bit clunky, especially the V on the chest. Wonder if the logo will have keylines on the jersey.
I didnt notice that until you mentioned it, thats horrible.. I just assumed it was the same as the storm-man on the 20 years logo

I think it also needs the left hand

sempmrh

Juniors
Clunky is right. There seems to be two versions as well - on one of them, Storm Man is missing a finger. How does something like that get by a designer? It really needs the other hand as well - it sells the idea of threatening to throw down a lightning bolt better.

Basically, this logo loses the character and the built up equity the original logo had.

gzerounian

Juniors
This was made a long time before your post unfortunately.

;).. hey Lucev23 ?

Maybe you work for WiteKite, Canterbury, Classic who knows. but we enjoy having you here and respect your anonymity. Keep us in the loop..your secret is safe with us.

Lucev23 Highlights:

About the City and Country Jerseys:
Glad you blokes are happy with the designs, really enjoyed designing them. Hopefully you'll enjoy the off-field range which should be released in the next few days.

Confirming watermarked names on City and Country Jerseys:
Correct, in both city and country.

August 2017:
I have a feeling the next NSW jersey we see is not going to be too dissimilar from the Current Australian jersey but in Navy and Sky and perhaps a bit of navy on the sleeves...

In response to Warriors reverting back to their original colours in 2019:
;)

In response to the new All Stars logo:
Imagine if a new NRL logo followed a similar style.

In response to “Lol as if anyone here knows about a new logo”
I agree.

In response to “I have a few questions but since I know you're someone in the know, please don't feel obligated to answer. I totally get that you might want to be purposely vague. Can you say whether or not the new logo will have the full Telstra Premiership branding on jerseys in 2019 or will there be another "in-between" year like in 2013? Will the new NRL branding be fairly minimalistic like the All-Stars logo suggests? Will the Kangaroos and Origin teams follow this new branding? Any chance the logo on jerseys will match club colours like the recent A-League redesign?”
I think you've got some extremely good ideas.

In response to a post regarding Jaycar had already pulled the pin
I would be interested to know where this information is coming from.

gzerounian

Juniors
I like the simplification approach but the execution is a bit clunky, especially the V on the chest. Wonder if the logo will have keylines on the jersey.
The head looks ok..but the muscles look terrible. Very amateur looking. Less would be more in this instance.

callmack1

Staff member
Storm's new logo looks okay but yes, it is a bit clunky which is a shame for them. Also, getting rid of the yellow in my mind is a big mistake.

I think this indicates that they are almost certainly going to move away from the yellow and I'd say that their 2019 jersey won't have any yellow on it at all.

On another note, I'm pretty excited for the launch of the NRL's rebrand tomorrow, will be good to have it made official and it should mean we start seeing some designs for 2019 coming through shortly!

Zerô

Juniors
Clunky is right. There seems to be two versions as well - on one of them, Storm Man is missing a finger. How does something like that get by a designer? It really needs the other hand as well - it sells the idea of threatening to throw down a lightning bolt better.

Basically, this logo loses the character and the built up equity the original logo had.

The missing finger is a subtle shout out to the clubs accounting department

gzerounian

Juniors
Storm Man has always had big Trapz muscles on his neck so I curved the straight line.
I also tried fixing the V. I've made him look too Paul Gallen-ish now
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 2.19.10 pm.png

Last edited:

Zerô

Juniors
You'd think after this years GF that a Storm would have kept yellow in their back pocket just so they're not caught out with their white jersey again.

The colour scheme of navy/purple/black doesn't leave many options apart from white to use in a clash.

I would have given Stormy McStorm a yellow bolt.

*edit*

Actually they could do a 'silver' jersey

greenBV4

Bench
Storm Man has always had big Trapz muscles on his neck so I curved the straight line.
I also tried fixing the V. He looks too Paul Gallen-ish now
I don't get why it was changed from the one on the 20 years logo? the bolt needed shortening but besides that it was better than the new one
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 2.35.23 pm.png

greenBV4

Bench
You'd think after this years GF that a Storm would have kept yellow in their back pocket just so they're not caught out with their white jersey again.

The colour scheme of navy/purple/black doesn't leave many options apart from white to use in a clash.

I would have given Stormy McStorm a yellow bolt.

*edit*

Actually they could do a 'silver' jersey
I don't have a problem with white (or silver) but it should've be a white version of the home jersey

sempmrh

Juniors
I don't get why it was changed from the one on the 20 years logo? the bolt needed shortening but besides that it was better than the new one
View attachment 24216
A lot of the problems with the 20 year logo came from the lightning bolt. It stretched out the total size of the logo so it often looked too small and on a lot of the gear (polos, jackets, etc.) it was aligned by the total width of the logo and not the shield as it should have been - so it was always off. The original Storm logo didn't have that problem because the wordmark and cloud balanced it all out. That said, the revised Storm Man on the 20 year logo was a perfectly fine evolution. This is not.

Hopefully the club has noticed all the negative feedback they've been getting from fans and are already having a "how long do we need to keep this logo before we announce we're listening to the fans and reverting to the original logo" discussion. That's probably wishful thinking on my part.