What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I agree, but this year's jersey is a "20 year" jersey, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a 1 year thing, I hope not though
The logo is 20 year, I think the jersey is just a jersey and it will remain next year with the updated logo

thorson1987

Coach
I think its in Melbourne's club charter to have a shit away jersey. Can't really think of a decent one off the top of the head.

images

And this was only a trial jersey but would loved it to be an alternate.

widdopg-12021801-m.jpg

toomuchsoup

Juniors
This jersey looks mint
Would be a great kit for an expansion team or make the yellow a bit more orange and it’d make a great tigers away jersey
782B31B8-4E9E-434B-B897-2866F7415D20.jpeg

GAZF

First Grade
There are a number of people here that express a love for this jersey but I'm not one of them:
  • Yellow is the sore thumb of Melbourne's colour pallette and is best kept as a trim, if at all
  • A predominantly gold jersey says the opposite of a storm, to me anyway. The other colours work so well to give a gloomy impression which perfectly suits the identity and having a lot of gold throws this off.
  • It was only briefly used for a year or two, so its not as entrenched as a primary colour compared to white/silver or purple
I wouldn't be against having it as an alt or nines jersey but as an away, it doesn't say "Storm" to me.

sempmrh

Juniors
About a year ago, and ahead of the launch of the 20 year logo, Storm had a soft launch with elements of that logo being used on a lot of their social media posts (the one colour Storm man which is also currently being used as their icon on Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Over the past few weeks they've switched a lot of their social media branding and are using a new font. That in itself doesn't really mean anything. However, they've used a modified version of that font with a lightning bolt S design.

I've also seen that lightning bolt S letter used on its own but only once and before the new social media branding. Recently there was a free flag giveaway and everything about it was in the 2018 style - except with that lightning bolt S despite it not matching the rest of the text on the flag.

So yeah. It could mean nothing or it could be part of a new logo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think its in Melbourne's club charter to have a shit away jersey. Can't really think of a decent one off the top of the head.
They've had a couple of *ok* ones of late, the white with shallow vees of their colours comes to mind - only recent isn't it?

storm16awayfront.jpg

I think they should just do a white version of the home kit tbh

greenBV4

Bench
I'm hoping the home kit is here to stay for the foreseeable future, its a nice jersey that makes sense (the "v" symbolising Victoria)

It'd be great to see a white or yellow version as the away, I don't see the need for a completely different jersey when a teams colours can be re-arranged to make a jersey that wouldn't clash

sempmrh

Juniors
They've had a couple of *ok* ones of late, the white with shallow vees of their colours comes to mind - only recent isn't it?

storm16awayfront.jpg

This and the white and purple striped away jersey from 2015 are my favourite away jerseys we've had.

I know gold is fairly popular among a lot of Storm fans but I like the gold best when it's used sparingly as an accent colour. Gold as a pre-season or training jersey colour is fine but not as a regular season colour.

beave

Coach

storm16awayfront.jpg

Took me a while to find it, but this is one I remember from the late 90’s

images

I actually reckon this would look really f**king good as their away/alternate.

GAZF

First Grade

storm16awayfront.jpg

The basic design is ok but they always wreck it with side panels, shoulder panels, sponsors cutting off key design elements in awkward places, placing key elements in awkward places. Seems to be independent of the manufacturer so I blame the club for having shit taste.

Having said that, this year's home jersey is ok but their design last year was better imo.

kdalymc

Bench
Took me a while to find it, but this is one I remember from the late 90’s

images

I actually reckon this would look really f**king good as their away/alternate.
That’s from a trial/ before they were in the comp. maybe it’s a ‘what could have been’ jersey

Diesel

Referee
I mentioned this a wee while ago in the 2018 jersey thread but I thought I'd mention it here to in case anyone missed it and after all, this is the new thread for 2019 jersey discussion.

There are rumours floating around over here in NZ that the Warriors are reverting back to their original colours for 2019 and I'm not just talking about a heritge jersey, there's rumours their main colours are going to revert back to their originals.

You heard it here first. ;)

It is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt but apparently, some retailers over here have already seen the 2019 Warriors catalogue.
Old style colours at home and current colours as away

gzerounian

Juniors
Quick fix. Keep current away jersey exactly the same and just add the same 2 purple stripes from the home jersey. Crown is higher on the away jersey hence the broken V.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 12.41.23 pm.png

Latest posts