What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I would just like to see a jersey where the team logo is not the smallest on the jersey. Obviously the main, sleeves and back will be large but the team logo is now smaller than the NRL plus the stupid one between those two logos.

I want to see clubs ditch the wordmark on the chest logo (its too f*cking small to read, it is only there because they are f*ckin lazy) and just use the logos image.

Put the wordmark on the back across the shoulders where it is big and very visible (I think we all accept player names will never be put on the jumper, i think this is the next best thing).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For all the rhetoric in here about how simple is better, most clubs' main designs are simple, and plenty have heritage value too. Granted there are exceptions (Canterbury's weird triangle and Souths' panels and shoulder pads) but a lot of clubs lately have gone back to simpler designs for their main jersey.

GAZF

First Grade
For all the rhetoric in here about how simple is better, most clubs' main designs are simple, and plenty have heritage value too. Granted there are exceptions (Canterbury's weird triangle and Souths' panels and shoulder pads) but a lot of clubs lately have gone back to simpler designs for their main jersey.
They've gone back to simpler designs in a lot of cases, but the execution is often lacking. A big part of this is the "design by committee" nature of the process: scope of design given -> draft design -> club approval/revisions -> sponsor approval/revisions -> final approval/revisions - > messy end product. Broadly blaming it on the "pony-tailed yuppie designer" is a bit unfair.

Frailty

First Grade
They've gone back to simpler designs in a lot of cases, but the execution is often lacking. A big part of this is the "design by committee" nature of the process: scope of design given -> draft design -> club approval/revisions -> sponsor approval/revisions -> final approval/revisions - > messy end product. Broadly blaming it on the "pony-tailed yuppie designer" is a bit unfair.

Definitely unfair. There's so many places where a design can go wrong - even as simple as the design brief given to a designer. For example, I have no doubt that the Sharks brief for their current jersey was along the lines of using the history of the hoops with the heritage V. Of course it was going to end up with this weird stomach shallow V.

Lambretta

First Grade
With those Bears designs...
Design number 1 away is good
Home and away number 2 are good
Home number 3 is good

Design 2 is all round best

sempmrh

Juniors
From the looks of the 2018/19 jerseys put out by Canterbury internationally they're mercifully ditching their current bow tie and low shoulder seams look after one year. The new template has a t-shirt style collar with high raglan seams at the front and strange (and seemingly unnecessary) piping partway down the shoulders. Assuming the Kangaroos continue with Canterbury next year I imagine the chevrons will look much better.

https://www.rugbyshirtwatch.com/?s=canterbury

greenBV4

Bench
Melbourne's 2019 membership site is live, and although it doesn't have the new logo on it yet (obviously) it does have a new-ish colour pallet of mostly purple and white, with a brighter yellow than the old gold/yellow, also no navy anywhere

this could mean nothing or just be a membership thing but might also hint to a slight colour change in 2019?

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 12.07.58 am.png

kdalymc

Bench
Melbourne's 2019 membership site is live, and although it doesn't have the new logo on it yet (obviously) it does have a new-ish colour pallet of mostly purple and white, with a brighter yellow than the old gold/yellow, also no navy anywhere

this could mean nothing or just be a membership thing but might also hint to a slight colour change in 2019?

View attachment 22652
1 year for a home jersey is something not even the titans would do.... More than once.

callmack1

Staff member
I mentioned this a wee while ago in the 2018 jersey thread but I thought I'd mention it here to in case anyone missed it and after all, this is the new thread for 2019 jersey discussion.

There are rumours floating around over here in NZ that the Warriors are reverting back to their original colours for 2019 and I'm not just talking about a heritge jersey, there's rumours their main colours are going to revert back to their originals.

You heard it here first. ;)

It is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt but apparently, some retailers over here have already seen the 2019 Warriors catalogue.

unforgiven

Bench
I mentioned this a wee while ago in the 2018 jersey thread but I thought I'd mention it here to in case anyone missed it and after all, this is the new thread for 2019 jersey discussion.

There are rumours floating around over here in NZ that the Warriors are reverting back to their original colours for 2019 and I'm not just talking about a heritge jersey, there's rumours their main colours are going to revert back to their originals.

You heard it here first. ;)

It is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt but apparently, some retailers over here have already seen the 2019 Warriors catalogue.
I actually heard it the other thread first!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

View attachment 22652

F*ckin hope not...

Thats putrid

greenBV4

Bench
Apart from swapping the white stripes for lightning bolts, ala 98 to 99 style, there is no way they would/should change after 1 year, only decent jersey they have had in ages
I agree, but this year's jersey is a "20 year" jersey, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a 1 year thing, I hope not though