What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Sponsor?

Things Barry Russell has done

- Build new offices; for himself and the football staff.
- Hire Tim Mcaleer and his team from Tradies on big money to run the leagues and give him $300k for club renovations (and rename the King Wan SHA KEE)
- Instigate an audit of previous management again at a decent cost and report Salary Cap Discrepancy to NRL
- Sack Adam Barnes, the long term merch manager and outsource merch development and sales to an external company. As such the merch looks shit and is unavailable for sale; therefore they make no money off it.
- Heavily KPI memberships- as such we have hit 10,000 members in Nov.
- Blow up about sponsorship revenue and allow deals with Opal Solar, Southern Cross Group and Bang and Olufsen to lapse.
- Order a cost cutting exercise on the back of lower sponsorship revenue with the bulk of this being felt in coaching budgets for all grades, the brunt of which will be felt by the junior rep program.
- Tell Luke Lewis they couldn't afford him in a coaching adviser capacity.
- Oversee an endless delay in the construction of the new club/eastern development side of the club.
- Almost certainly lose two of our best prospects in Val Holmes and Jesse Ramien.

It's a tough job the CEO of the Sharks and not one I am sure I would ever want to do but I can't give him a pass mark. The place seems to have gone backwards quite quickly under his tenure.

shaggs

Coach
I like how the success of the juniors wasn’t seen as important and ripe for a reduced budget.
I mean winning comps and actually having decent players come through isnt important.

Back to the days where the teams can train out of a shipping container and they get two training shirts, whilst the Physio doubles as the skills coach and the trainer is also the manager.

What a joke.

I didnt work in the 90s and 00s, why would it work now.

MilkShark

First Grade

- Hire Tim Mcaleer and his team from Tradies on big money to run the leagues and give him $300k for club renovations (and rename the King Wan SHA KEE)
- Instigate an audit of previous management again at a decent cost and report Salary Cap Discrepancy to NRL
- Sack Adam Barnes, the long term merch manager and outsource merch development and sales to an external company. As such the merch looks shit and is unavailable for sale; therefore they make no money off it.
- Blow up about sponsorship revenue and allow deals with Opal Solar, Southern Cross Group and Bang and Olufsen to lapse.
- Order a cost cutting exercise on the back of lower sponsorship revenue with the bulk of this being felt in coaching budgets for all grades, the brunt of which will be felt by the junior rep program.
- Oversee an endless delay in the construction of the new club/eastern development side of the club.
- Almost certainly lose two of our best prospects in Val Holmes and Jesse Ramien.

It's a tough job the CEO of the Sharks and not one I am sure I would ever want to do but I can't give him a pass mark. The place seems to have gone backwards quite quickly under his tenure.
Yeah but he is in the boys club so all is forgiven.

Ads

First Grade
Surely the last facet that should be facing cuts is the actual football side. Winning makes money (or it should if we weren't so incompetent). Is there any discontent within at the job Barry is doing?

Pathetic. he should resign

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Little man syndrome for Baz.

How on earth do you not find a spot for Lewie? Disgraceful Barry deadset f**king disgraceful you little prick

Craigshark

First Grade
Honestly. Is there any way we can f**k him off as the CEO before he f**ks us up even more? One step forward to steps back for us as usual.

Why do we need new offices?
Well, in this case, as you have stated before it shouldn even be open and macaleer has managed to get trade up a bit etc

what a genius move

I know that the sales and the stock etc was costing a lot however this years gear is so bad that dead set, if anyone at the sharks wants to contact me ill design better gear for free. I can be contacted at @rcbsharks on twitter.

I don't know what this means.
I am assuming that getting high numbers in early is a KPI of the league?

Pathetic

Pathetic

Pathetic

Hopeless. did you ever fuind out if we get any retail money?

yep well, they are bailing at the right time it would appear

Ads

First Grade
The gear has always been pretty shit. I say that as someone who has never bought a thing though. Ive worked with some big companies on production. Sharks could have easily been making their own stuff without needing Blades (except jerseys). Profit would be 2 or 3x more easily. Its not rocket science.

Quicksilver

Bench
We seem to get shabby gear all the time. These companies seem to produce better stuff for other clubs. Not sure why our always come out looking like Best and Less.

In saying that, I don't mind this year's training singlets etc. They aren't my type of thing but I don't think they have the cheap look of some of our previous stuff, especially the jerseys.

Quicksilver

Bench
Anyway, at the moment our main focus should be securing ongoing revenue steams from the development money.

BUT it seems like they have somehow fluffed the development despite probably the best conditions possible for phase one.

Heaven help us.

txta2

Bench

But we have ' won one'. Who cares .