What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I bet Kia stay with gws

Same as Hyundai did with dogs .. do 2 seasons to keep some nsw car dealers happy then ditch em and stay with Carlton for 20 years..

Who are dogs getting on front of jersey

MJ chickens and wicked sista cakes battling it out are they ..
Wicked Sister dropped the Bulldogs last year

yakstorm

First Grade
What do people think make the best club logos? I like the simple ones that become iconic and dont need any words to know who they are, ones like Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay, Souths, Chicago Bulls, Yankees etc

For me our Pirates logo is too busy (you can tell it was done by same guy who did Titans!) and if we ever get in I'd like to see a simpler iconic version created.

For a sports team, considering their logo needs to be used in so many different applications, having something that can be simplified, and still be recognised as the 'team' it is representing is the ideal scenario.

The Pirates logo naturally fails in that regards, as there is way too many elements making up the logo, with none of them a 'dominant' feature (ie. What is more important? The skull? The crossbows? The Pirates Wordmark)

Newer teams also have the disadvantage compared to some of the most established brands, of not having decades worth of history to train people to associate simple elements with a brand, say like what the Dallas Cowboys have been able to achieve with what isn't much more than a Star.

For me, club logos in the NRL which are along the right track are of course the Rabbitohs, Panthers, Broncos, Knights and Warriors as they all can be recognised even in when in just black and white and with no wordmark. Raiders can arguably fall into that same group, although has a lot more going on in its logo versus the others.

Cowboys, Dragons, Sea Eagles, Bulldogs all have easy to recognise 'dominant' elements which can be pulled out to serve various use cases, which arguably they should leverage more (ie. Just the bullhorns for the Cowboys works a treat, they don't need the Star). The Shark's shark just doesn't seem to fit right when it's out of its shield, whilst the Roosters 'East' logo works so much better than their primarily logo.

Titans simply lacks a clear identity (again is it the Helmet, the Swords or the T which are the 'key' design element) which shows in everything they have done over the past decade.

Frailty

First Grade
The old Roosters logo they use on training gear. Simple, iconic. Toronto Maple Leafs, though they have messed with it slightly recently.

They have continuously messed with it.
cp-nhl-leafs-logo-history.png

yakstorm

First Grade
Jaycar owner has always been very vocal about being an old Wests Magpies fan so not a surprise that they went and started sponsoring the Magpies in Canterbury Cup.

Don't think Jaycar has the budget to be a major sponsor anymore, so not expecting them to pop up on any NRL jerseys anytime soon.

Amacd

Juniors
Last edited by a moderator:

Loose Cannon

Bench
*non serious conspiracy theory

View attachment 33388

Maybe the Knights chose to flip it because of the success they had on this day....
Ha, don’t worry. These days, the Department of Education is much more tolerant of this behaviour, and clearly the world is better for it.

By the way, I wonder if Souths will flip theirs to have the rabbit running away from the greyhounds on the home straight. What are those stats re Souths finals success?

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
It has always annoyed me that they did it backwards that day. I was 16 then, at the game, and noticed it, and have seen it occasionally ever since. I get that it was just a mistake, that the kiddies on the right grabbed the left edge of the sheet in error and won't have noticed due to the size of the thing, but the OCD part of me kicks in when I see it!

sempmrh

Juniors
Cotton on has released a bunch of NRL clothing today. It looks a bit similar to the stuff that 47 was doing I wonder if that contract ran out?

Here’s a link to NRL announcing it.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/01/dwz-desperate-to-overcome-knee-issue-to-play-for-kiwis/

Here’s the gear.
https://cottonon.com/AU/nrl-|-storm-chopped-graphic-tee/9801200-06.html?dwvar_9801200-06_color=9801200-06&cgid=&originalPid=9801200-06#q=nrl&sz=48&start=49
Big fan of the board shorts.

wazdog

Juniors
Cotton on has released a bunch of NRL clothing today. It looks a bit similar to the stuff that 47 was doing I wonder if that contract ran out?

Here’s a link to NRL announcing it.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/01/dwz-desperate-to-overcome-knee-issue-to-play-for-kiwis/

Here’s the gear.
https://cottonon.com/AU/women/nrl-store/

The line has potential. It looks like they’ve used the simplified logos that were introduced as part of the NRL brand refresh last year. I think they should have oversized logos on some of the hoodies and jumpers.

I wonder if this has taken over the Best & Less line rather than the 47 Brand? Cotton On now make jerseys for Geelong and the AFLW teams as well.

Also did they use the Cooper font from 1993?

Last edited: