What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Diesel

Coach
I don’t mind long sleeves as long as it’s uniform and the whole team has it. Only problem I have is that it’s another area to slap a sponsorship sticker and the one between the NRL and club logos already looks to cheapen the jersey

sempmrh

Juniors
I don’t mind long sleeves as long as it’s uniform and the whole team has it. Only problem I have is that it’s another area to slap a sponsorship sticker and the one between the NRL and club logos already looks to cheapen the jersey
There’s a lot of uniform real estate for sponsors that’s not being used now without adding more with long sleeves. You’ve got socks, across the back of the shorts, jersey side panels, above the NRL and club logos, side or back of the collar, etc.

Canard

Immortal
More than a rumour - their membership merch says it

merch-pack-adult-nologo20.png

That Logo sucks!!..........

sempmrh

Juniors
I think the Cowboys are overdue for a proper updated logo - not just an anniversary logo. The horns are still very strong so I would keep them as is but the star and wordmark can go.

kdalymc

Bench
I think the Cowboys are overdue for a proper updated logo - not just an anniversary logo. The horns are still very strong so I would keep them as is but the star and wordmark can go.
The 25 anniversary AND 25 years is annoying me more than it should.

Wonder if warriors are gonna go for 25 anniversary jerseys now they f**ked with 25 seasons

On another note:
Possible celebratory jerseys/logos

Bulldogs 85th anniversary

Ahh that's all I could think of

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
The 25 anniversary AND 25 years is annoying me more than it should.

Wonder if warriors are gonna go for 25 anniversary jerseys now they f**ked with 25 seasons

On another note:
Possible celebratory jerseys/logos

Bulldogs 85th anniversary

Ahh that's all I could think of

St George 100 Years

thorson1987

Coach
There’s a lot of uniform real estate for sponsors that’s not being used now without adding more with long sleeves. You’ve got socks, across the back of the shorts, jersey side panels, above the NRL and club logos, side or back of the collar, etc.

Just like current Super League strips.

The Marshall

Juniors
Titans sponsor to pull six-figure contract after Ryan James’ GF gaffe

The embattled Gold Coast Titans have been dealt another blow, with a long-time major sponsor moving to tear up its contract over captain Ryan James’ grand final speech, which the company labelled “embarrassing” and “offensive”.

National construction and event hire giant TFH, which has been a Titans jersey sponsor and also has the naming rights for its high-performance training centre at Parkwood, has formally told the club the six-figure deal is off.

TFH is blaming the Titans’ dismal performance this year and skipper James’ “embarrassing” and “offensive” NRL grand final appearance, where the indigenous star failed to finish his Welcome to Country address, as a major reason for the termination.

TFH, which has sponsored the Titans since 2012, signed on as a principal backer last season in what was described as one of the NRL’s most lucrative sponsorships.

It’s understood the deal was renewed for next season, with Titans club gear and signage featuring the TFH logo approved.

But the company has moved to backflip on the deal in another blow for the Coast club, after a disastrous 2019 which included finishing with the wooden spoon and the sacking of coach Garth Brennan.

In a letter to the Titans, TFH director Brett Thomas said the company was terminating the sponsorship agreement “effective immediately”.

TFH said it was using its discretion under the sponsorship contract to terminate the deal due to “public comment and discussion surrounding the team’s performance, the performance of the coach and adverse discussions regarding the utilisation and selection of player talent”.

The company also blamed James’ bungled Welcome To Country speech at last week’s NRL grand final for its decision.

“The embarrassing performance of Ryan James in his speech last weekend was offensive and weighed heavily on this decision,” Thomas wrote.

“Additionally, the well documented doubts regarding the club’s future in 2020 was also relevantly considered …”

A Titans spokesman said a contract was in place with TFH but declined to comment further.

It’s understood the Titans will seek to enforce the contract and a legal showdown could be looming.

TFH has stuck by the club through crises including the 2015 drug scandal when star players were caught up in a major cocaine bust, the sacking of coaches Brennan and Neil Henry, the tumultuous Jarryd Hayne era, and the disasters of this season.

Announcing its upgraded sponsorship in 2017, Thomas said the club was “heading in the right direction”.

“We’re here for the long haul,” he said at the time.

“There’s a lot of stability and a good feel around the club. We were very close to signing (as a sponsor) for multiple years.”

TFH also sponsors the Manly Sea Eagles and the Cronulla Sharks and has supplied temporary fencing and barricades for events including the Melbourne Cup, 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, and major music festivals.

James called his grand final speech “the biggest stuff-up of all time” but was widely supported on social media.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...e/news-story/4ee0d155ebba5921c6857d74ef9f07a7

The Marshall

Juniors
Titans sponsor to pull six-figure contract after Ryan James’ GF gaffe

The embattled Gold Coast Titans have been dealt another blow, with a long-time major sponsor moving to tear up its contract over captain Ryan James’ grand final speech, which the company labelled “embarrassing” and “offensive”.

National construction and event hire giant TFH, which has been a Titans jersey sponsor and also has the naming rights for its high-performance training centre at Parkwood, has formally told the club the six-figure deal is off.

TFH is blaming the Titans’ dismal performance this year and skipper James’ “embarrassing” and “offensive” NRL grand final appearance, where the indigenous star failed to finish his Welcome to Country address, as a major reason for the termination.

TFH, which has sponsored the Titans since 2012, signed on as a principal backer last season in what was described as one of the NRL’s most lucrative sponsorships.

It’s understood the deal was renewed for next season, with Titans club gear and signage featuring the TFH logo approved.

But the company has moved to backflip on the deal in another blow for the Coast club, after a disastrous 2019 which included finishing with the wooden spoon and the sacking of coach Garth Brennan.

In a letter to the Titans, TFH director Brett Thomas said the company was terminating the sponsorship agreement “effective immediately”.

TFH said it was using its discretion under the sponsorship contract to terminate the deal due to “public comment and discussion surrounding the team’s performance, the performance of the coach and adverse discussions regarding the utilisation and selection of player talent”.

The company also blamed James’ bungled Welcome To Country speech at last week’s NRL grand final for its decision.

“The embarrassing performance of Ryan James in his speech last weekend was offensive and weighed heavily on this decision,” Thomas wrote.

“Additionally, the well documented doubts regarding the club’s future in 2020 was also relevantly considered …”

A Titans spokesman said a contract was in place with TFH but declined to comment further.

It’s understood the Titans will seek to enforce the contract and a legal showdown could be looming.

TFH has stuck by the club through crises including the 2015 drug scandal when star players were caught up in a major cocaine bust, the sacking of coaches Brennan and Neil Henry, the tumultuous Jarryd Hayne era, and the disasters of this season.

Announcing its upgraded sponsorship in 2017, Thomas said the club was “heading in the right direction”.

“We’re here for the long haul,” he said at the time.

“There’s a lot of stability and a good feel around the club. We were very close to signing (as a sponsor) for multiple years.”

TFH also sponsors the Manly Sea Eagles and the Cronulla Sharks and has supplied temporary fencing and barricades for events including the Melbourne Cup, 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, and major music festivals.

James called his grand final speech “the biggest stuff-up of all time” but was widely supported on social media.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...e/news-story/4ee0d155ebba5921c6857d74ef9f07a7
What a absolute grub of a company using James’ mistake as the reason they are pulling their deal. They are obviously looking for a excuse to cancel but pinning this on a innocent mistake is disgusting. On a more positive note at least the jersey will look a lot better without that massive yellow logo on it now.

Last edited:

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Does Brett Thomas have an indigenous heritage? They are gonna get dragged by the Twitter mobs and media if he doesn't :joy: