What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

i still think the ARLC should at least look at taking merch production in-house...

Obviously the actual production would be outsourced (as i imagine most brands do), but the design unit would sit inside ARLC hq.

maybe it isnt the right time now, but I think the ARLC should be aiming for as much vertical integration as possible to regain control of the games branding.
My preference would be to do the NFL thing of having an NRL “gear steward”, who’s responsiblity it is to have teams looking professional and uniform. From the big things like matching kits and socks up down to tiny things like perhaps mandating that if players wear headgear they have to wear it in the primary colour of the team.

TIGER14

Bench
Wests Tigers Indigenous jersey

Eb014TnVAAEOtSq

sempmrh

Juniors
I have a few first ever jerseys and they were exactly the same as the mitchell and ness ones from a few years earlier, if not a little thinner. This may have been a performance choice though. I've got to say though I'm not sure how the heat-pressed nike NBA jerseys will go. I have a few adidas ones from about 5 years ago and the colour on the numbers and names have deteriorated badly. Would much prefer sublimated if they are not going to do stitched on.

The NRL would not have those problems though as it is all sublimation or stitching, no heat-pressed unless it is a late sponsor. And then it looks like a massive sticker!

Without dragging out my United jerseys from the last few years, from memory I think for 2018/19 the jerseys were made from two types of fabric (front and back) - and possibly for the Mitchell and Ness jerseys as well. The backs used a slightly lighter, thinner material. For 2019/20 I think they used that lighter fabric for the entire jersey. As far as I'm aware they're all basically the same and produced in the same facility no matter the brand name on them. To their credit though the jerseys have improved over the years - the fit is better and not leaving a big empty space for a sponsor logo on retails was such a welcome addition.

Eb014TnVAAEOtSq

Quality.

MugaB

Coach

Eb014TnVAAEOtSq
Gezus Christ almighty, seriously the best thing they did last few seasons was wear an gold/orange jersey for at least one game of the season and it was this indigenous round, now they dont even have that! Just go back to being Magpies for FksSake, at least then Eastern Suburbs Tigers in Brisbane can float their expansion bid properly. Its the worst part of the merger about how balmain has lost all value other than the mascot name

Tigers1986

Juniors
Gezus Christ almighty, seriously the best thing they did last few seasons was wear an gold/orange jersey for at least one game of the season and it was this indigenous round, now they dont even have that! Just go back to being Magpies for FksSake, at least then Eastern Suburbs Tigers in Brisbane can float their expansion bid properly. Its the worst part of the merger about how balmain has lost all value other than the mascot name

Maybe Balmain can start to pay up some $$$ to get some recognition again

The Great Dane

First Grade
Isn't it weird how nobody cared when the Tigers were trying to wipe away the Magpies existence, but now the Magpies are trying to do the same a bunch of people get all up in arms about it.

Sames true of the Dragons, nobody gives a f**k that they've basically removed any semblance of the Steelers existence.

MugaB

Coach
Some passionate feels for someone who doesn't support the club :joy:
I like the club, as far as seeing them do well, aswell as most sydney clubs, barr the roosters and eels, otherwise dogs, sharks, even eagles are good in my book, just don't understand how tigers play without gold as the main color in their jersey, even as an alternate strip,
And same goes for illawarra regarding the dragons too, how they don't wear some form of recognition to the steelers, (i suppose most seasons there is a simple red jersey for the away) but the tigers baffles me

kdalymc

Bench
Illawarra says hello

Frailty

First Grade
Love that Tigers Indigenous jersey. Wouldn't mind seeing that chevron used on their main jersey.

I would like the Tigers to go back to using the three jerseys - black, orange, and white.

Frailty

First Grade
why do they need the white? black and orange should be different enough that they work with any clashes
They don't NEED white, but from a Commerical standpoint, three regular jerseys is a good number.

It is why the NBA ran three jerseys (before than 50 million the last couple of seasons), as well as MLB, and NHL.

sempmrh

Juniors
If I had my way with Wests Tigers I would have two ‘home’ jerseys for wearing within NSW depending on the opponent and where they’re playing - a black dominant jersey and an orange dominant jersey. Then they can wear a white one outside NSW if they like.

Last edited:

toomuchsoup

Juniors
My preference would be to do the NFL thing of having an NRL “gear steward”, who’s responsiblity it is to have teams looking professional and uniform. From the big things like matching kits and socks up down to tiny things like perhaps mandating that if players wear headgear they have to wear it in the primary colour of the team.
I think most fans don’t care about this sort of stuff, but I totally agree on some type uniform manager. I’m a bit OCD but every round i see so many things that just look unprofessional.

I hate the roosters, but every other club should aim to look as classic and professional as them. Their jersey is iconic and rarely changes, perfect sponsor integration and as far I can remember, most players wear their sock up

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If I had my way with West Tigers I would have two ‘home’ jerseys for wearing within NSW depending on the opponent and where they’re playing - a black dominant jersey and an orange dominant jersey. Then they can wear a white one outside NSW if they like.
2 week ban for calling them West Tigers

axl rose

Bench
I hate the roosters, but every other club should aim to look as classic and professional as them. Their jersey is iconic and rarely changes, perfect sponsor integration and as far I can remember, most players wear their sock up

They should go back to the iconic rooster they have on all their training gear. Otherwise near perfect and should never change. Current logo doesn't stand out on the jersey well.