What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 PF1 - Panthers 20-16 Rabbitohs @ ANZ

Finals Week 3: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galeforce

Bench
You'd never give a team that wins against souffs any credit, ever.

They only ever win because souffs let them, eh?

Fair point and my posts would indicate this.

However the truth is this.
I have followed Souths since 1965 GF loss to Saints.

I have seen the great years and the long march in-between.
After the great years , I became numb to the games where we played our best and still got beat.
I soon came to despise those losses as I knew , Souths were no chance that year , the team was not good enough.
So , YES , there are many , too many games where we lost because the other team was better.

This year , I cannot recall a game where I thought we played our best and still lost.

This is what I look at when we lose. Did we play our best , did we make unforced mistakes , were we unlucky with injury/ref decisions.

As such , this year for me , it was all about getting to finals , getting enough points to get a chance to play our best in the finals.We had a chance to beat anyone if we made it .

soc123_au

Staff member

After the great years , I became numb to the games where we played our best and still got beat.
I soon came to despise those losses as I knew , Souths were no chance that year , the team was not good enough.
So , YES , there are many , too many games where we lost because the other team was better.

This year , I cannot recall a game where I thought we played our best and still lost.

This is what I look at when we lose. Did we play our best , did we make unforced mistakes , were we unlucky with injury/ref decisions.

As such , this year for me , it was all about getting to finals , getting enough points to get a chance to play our best in the finals.We had a chance to beat anyone if we made it .
Do you recognise the games Souths win & the other team plays below their best?

GongPanther

Referee
The Panthers are at full and unfettered smug at the moment.

A sense of entitlement, all but factually based over most of the season.

The record shows they are one of the greatest sides ever assembled in the history of the game. Facts don’t lie.

It’s been sickening not to see this team get the same kind of platitudes as others, such as the Invincibles etc.

I can’t stand their coach, he’s a treacherous punk, but otherwise our El smug...is the real deal.

The bunnies will need their v knights form, fortunately, that’s almost a certainty with Bennett. Moreover, I’ve never seen so many footy players up for a match on the same team. A footy miracle. They are capable of anything.

The grand final won’t be able to touch this game.

I’m probably not even going to watch the gf after this.

It would be an insult to the loser of these two kick ass sides.
Oh great. Someone ripped a sputtering fart...and followed through as one can see with ^ this result.

And if that’s your honest take on it, right or wrong, it doesn’t matter, it’s still your view and I think it’s ok.

Like I think the Panthers fans are entitled to be smug about their season.

I was visiting their forum recently and someone was getting philosophical and made the comment that even if they can’t beat you, they’ve had a bloody great year. True.

I have no doubt that behind the cool and smug exterior, a few of them are beyond anxious for the fairytale ending.

To be prematurely wiped out after one of the greatest seasons of all time would straighten out the hardest smug addict. You’d wish you’d never got hooked in the first place.

All these expectations, getting frisky and all that to impotence. A dark and lonely place for some of the battlers here in Gods Country, Sydney’s West.

I would have to blame Ivan of course and the Ill discipline and basic stupidity of kiks for his nonsense flip.

Kiks is their second best player. You guys are frightened of him. He doesn’t look very tough eating an overpriced burger in isle 34.

But smug is smug, you guys are the underdogs.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
OK...who is the silly bugger who chose a draw after golden point? If there is a drawn game after the 80 mins,they toss a coin, then they play 5 mins e/w ...if scores are still tied after that 10 mins, there will be a 5 minute break, then teams play sudden death golden point.

Frankus

Juniors
ps after looking at the teams and considering my confidence....I just dropped $1000 on the game , a combo of outright win and taking the 6 points start , Souths of course.
LOL. You could have wasted 1k on alot of better things - strippers, booze...maybe an orthodontic appointment?

OK...who is the silly bugger who chose a draw after golden point? If there is a drawn game after the 80 mins,they toss a coin, then they play 5 mins e/w ...if scores are still tied after that 10 mins, there will be a 5 minute break, then teams play sudden death golden point.

If you don’t recognise my handicraft by now, you never will.

I thought it was a profound and inspired choice.

Both sides unable to crawl across the line with the ball at 5.00am the next day with the health and sports ministers, checking with the bunker and finally calling off the game.

For the gf, the nrl selects a mixed squad from both clubs to take on the robotic Godless purple merkii.

I’m sure @blue bags would go for it.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
There is no such thing. Every game souffs win is against opposition that are playing at their absolute peak, and a ref that is obviously biased against them. Every loss is purely due to souffs benign generosity
Do you recognise the games Souths win & the other team plays below their best?

A reasonable question , however blinkered.

Leave that to other team fans.......I think about Souths.

Most of those teams , do not make the finals anyway......so to sleep well , I only think about the teams who have made the finals and the teams that Souths have to now play.

Saying that , when I looked at the finals draw , I was very happy that Raiders/Roosters/Storm were on one side of the GF draw. I rate Souths 50/50 against those teams, so if we get to the GF we play only one of them.

Our side of the draw was much easier Knights/Eels/Panthers. I was confident about Knights and nervous about the Eels ( a team we thrashed, they could not play worse and we might not be able to play as well as our 38 nil win). I did not bet on either games as the ODDS were not good enough.I rate Souths a 50/50 chance against the Panthers , hence the ODDS of 2.75 worth the wager , especially as I offset with a 6.5 points start wager.

Galeforce

Bench
LOL. You could have wasted 1k on alot of better things - strippers, booze...maybe an orthodontic appointment?

first I have seen enough strippers and frankly most of them are grand mothers now.

second , I have been a self funded retiree for over a decade . I have a drink every day from cellar and I figure I have another 15 years of drinking before I need a restock.

third I think 2.75 odds for what I consider to be even money bet a reasonable risk . only bet when/what you can stand to lose.

I think the bunnies are in with a chance for many reasons, but to bet real money against smug is pretty courageous.

There’s a greyhound in the million dollar chase grand final tommorrow night I fancy for an each way.

But the thing about gambling is that it’s best to loose with other people’s money. Do away with any risk whatsoever.

In which case, the kids have resorted to hiding their money boxes until the race is done and dusted.

Frisky lad is a sure thing.

Latest posts