What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
The $4m man - Rabbitohs set to hit the target with Arrow by tabling monster offer: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/ede4db16d3d6854ee2ddc556a54c4f43

Chain reaction - How Jai Arrow’s proposed Souths move could turn the NRL transfer market upside down: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6d3a36a32376214f7329eeb109f8018d

Guys apparently Arrow is all but signed for 2020. :D
That's right, I'm gonna say it once again haha - Absolutely fantastic news if true but I'll believe it when I see it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
@southsport any word on if we get Arrow for 2020 will the Titans want us to pay part of his 2020 contract with them as part of a compensation type deal?

Pommy

Coach
@southsport any word on if we get Arrow for 2020 will the Titans want us to pay part of his 2020 contract with them as part of a compensation type deal?

I don’t think that’s an issue in this case. That’s normally if players leave for less money or if the club wants them off the books. Neither of these are true in this case. my understanding is Souths will give him a contract and his old one will be terminated by mutual consent.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I don’t think that’s an issue in this case. That’s normally if players leave for less money or if the club wants them off the books. Neither of these are true in this case. my understanding is Souths will give him a contract and his old one will be terminated by mutual consent.
That's how they usually work if the club wants him off their books. However, they could be forced by the nrl to honour the current contract deal.

Pommy

Coach
That's how they usually work if the club wants him off their books. However, they could be forced by the nrl to honour the current contract deal.

I don’t believe that’s the case at all. That rule is to prevent cap rorting that’s not happening here in anyway shape or form. If Gold Coast had to honour the contract they wouldn’t be letting him leave.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I don’t believe that’s the case at all. That rule is to prevent cap rorting that’s not happening here in anyway shape or form. If Gold Coast had to honour the contract they wouldn’t be letting him leave.
That's true. But someone else would have to honour it, wouldn't they. I mean they can't can't toss it in the bin and pretend it was never there. Other payments have to be made like the manager etc.