What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

John Hamblin

Juniors
Good to see trying Api for a full game

I relation to the striping rule to cut the confusion out whether there are more than one in the tackle when the ball is stripped change the interpretation to if there were ever more than one in the tackle make it illegal to strip the ball. Our game has two many grey areas!!!

franklin2323

Immortal
I relation to the striping rule to cut the confusion out whether there are more than one in the tackle when the ball is stripped change the interpretation to if there were ever more than one in the tackle make it illegal to strip the ball. Our game has two many grey areas!!!

The game is too predictable and boring it is why I haven’t liked the standard over the past couple of years. Anything which brings in unpredictability is good with me to atleast try

John Hamblin

Juniors
The game is too predictable and boring it is why I haven’t liked the standard over the past couple of years. Anything which brings in unpredictability is good with me to atleast try

I agree with the general thread and like you enjoy the unpredicatability of some players and teams but what other major sport in the world EVERY year looks at rules and interpretations. What we need are less grey areas and less endless replays of tries etc! Why cant they use the technology they use at the olympics for swimming where they show the world record line not to overturn line ball forward pass tries but the rather obvious howlers. This should could be used in real time or a quick replay so shouldnt result in a lenghty delay

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree with the general thread and like you enjoy the unpredicatability of some players and teams but what other major sport in the world EVERY year looks at rules and interpretations. What we need are less grey areas and less endless replays of tries etc! Why cant they use the technology they use at the olympics for swimming where they show the world record line not to overturn line ball forward pass tries but the rather obvious howlers. This should could be used in real time or a quick replay so shouldnt result in a lenghty delay

There was always grey before with the stripping. Did x player affect the tackle etc so you will never get it perfect.

That would solve a lot of problems but I think it comes down to cost really. Should be a challenge system instead of the current system. It would stop those 50/50 ones going up stairs and wasting time.

Too many stoppages now. Players aren’t getting tired enough and tries aren’t scored as a result.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

So just change it back to how it was.... I agree. The new rule (2019) is shit house.

martielang

Bench
Tevaga is seen as a backrower these days isn't he? I think he's injured anyway, but otherwise he's likely lock.

Egan will get plenty of time. I assume they paid decent money to get him across there.

betcats

Referee
If Roache wasn't so injury prone he would be their first choice for sure, Lawton is a decent prospect also. It isnt going to be easy for Wade to get game time.

Roache did his ACL against us last year and Lawton did his shoulder not long after, if not for both needing surgery I think they do not even bother with Egan.

Tevaga is seen as a backrower these days isn't he? I think he's injured anyway, but otherwise he's likely lock.

Egan will get plenty of time. I assume they paid decent money to get him across there.

Tevaga played the back half of the year mostly at lock. I thought he went quite well there.

As Betcats said. Roache is always injured. He never seems to string too many games together.

Lawton is not bad.

Egan will get his chance over there but it won't be easy and then there is Supercoach Kearney.

Finally some sensible news.

Western Sydney teams = Western Sydney trials. The Eels trials have been great and even better now the Tigers are involved. Continue to build up the rivalry between these clubs at all times.

Do many people go to trials? Only a small thing but I’d play them out at Bathurst, build up the support in our second home.

Fangs

Coach
Do many people go to trials? Only a small thing but I’d play them out at Bathurst, build up the support in our second home.

Matches between Western Sydney clubs is all I want. Won't be looking at crowd figures. The more the tigers, dogs, eels and Panthers play each other the better.

franklin2323

Immortal
Trials are a mess. Players without numbers or different jerseys. I’d rather keep trials local and move a few NSW Cup games to Bathurst. Trials aren’t the best quality

Whino

Bench

Not this year but I recall a trial match against Parramatta in the last 2 -3 years where we got a crowd @ Penrith in the 12,000- 15,000 range.
It was 2 weeks before round 1.

Latest posts