What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Game I - NSW 50-6 QLD @ QCBS Townsville

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KOMORI

Juniors
Cleary to choke on the big stage in the lowest rating Origin in years, after which V'landal, Paul merkin and James "circumcised penis" Hooper can stick this nonsense crackdown as far as their ass as it dares to go.

QLD by 8.
That’s a bit harsh on circumcised peni mate 😂😂

The_Frog

First Grade
This will be decided in the forwards where Queensland do look to have an advantage. If NSW can break even up front, their halves and outside backs will be much too good. Whoever wins this wins the series. Big job for the NSW middles.

big hit!

Bench
This will be decided in the forwards where Queensland do look to have an advantage. If NSW can break even up front, their halves and outside backs will be much too good. Whoever wins this wins the series. Big job for the NSW middles.
You must be on crack if you think QLD have a better forward pack when it consists of Ofahenguae and Su'A, two of the biggest plodders this season. Jayden played his last match in reserve grade! But yes, as we've seen many times in the past - spuds pull on a maroon jersey and all of a sudden they're world-beating, and I won't be surprised if that happens again this series.

The_Frog

First Grade
I had tonsilitis once. Couldn't get out of bed for 2 weeks. If that's what Gagai's got he'd be pretty damn crook right now and be getting pumped full of antibiotics.

big hit!

Bench
So what are the edge combinations for this match? NSW right vs QLD left, etc?

I'm thinking NSW will be: (left to right)

To'o - Mitchell - Luai - Sims - X - X - X - X - Murray - Cleary - Turbo - AdoCarr

I think Fittler will keep To'o comfortable on the left-side. Ado-Carr has played on the right before.

What's QLD coming up with?

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Queensland has zero chance and we all know it. Their glory days are long behind us. It is NSW's time to shine.

The_Frog

First Grade
You must be on crack if you think QLD have a better forward pack when it consists of Ofahenguae and Su'A, two of the biggest plodders this season. Jayden played his last match in reserve grade! But yes, as we've seen many times in the past - spuds pull on a maroon jersey and all of a sudden they're world-beating, and I won't be surprised if that happens again this series.
Very happy to be proven wrong.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So long as Munster and DCE are playing we are a chance, and Grant is just as good as Cook.

My main issue is flipping Holmes at fullback...Brimson is our best fullback and it's not close. He's better than Ponga let alone being demoted for Holmes to try to not lose the game at fullback!

GongPanther

Referee
Queensland has zero chance and we all know it. Their glory days are long behind us. It is NSW's time to shine.
Just need Rhyno to call it in for a confirmation. But seriously, I have two glaring issues with the selections. Why pick a spine that has Cleary and Luai, with Yeo when you don't complete the full compliment by omitting Api? It seems to go against the grain of selection logic by leaving out this piece of the puzzle, unless they do name him in the starting side as a shock weapon.

The other is the vulnerability of Brian To'o in diffusing the high bomb. The Broncos showed a couple of months ago that he is suspect under the high ball, and unless he doesn't get the support from the likes of Turbo and co it might be a long night.

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Just need Rhyno to call it in for a confirmation. But seriously, I have two glaring issues with the selections. Why pick a spine that has Cleary and Luai, with Yeo when you don't complete the full compliment by omitting Api? It seems to go against the grain of selection logic by leaving out this piece of the puzzle, unless they do name him in the starting side as a shock weapon.

The other is the vulnerability of Brian To'o in diffusing the high bomb. The Broncos showed a couple of months ago that he is suspect under the high ball, and unless he doesn't get the support from the likes of Turbo and co it might be a long night.

I'm surprised they went with To'o as Topou is a rock under the high ball and pretty good metre eater and finisher.

Not as a good as To'o for post contact but not a heart attack if there's a well placed bomb coming his way.