What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

murraymob

First Grade
Just about to watch the grand final replay for the 20th time .hope we win but being a long time supporter I will either fast forward or wait till the siren for the win lol

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m a little over the alleged post GF indiscretions, whatever they were.

Two seasons of lockdowns, no fans, bubbles and god knows whatever else and the media is in meltdown as a consequence of our boisterous celebrations. Go figure.

We won the premiership fair and square. We didn’t abuse or cheat the salary cap which from my perspective is the biggest indiscretion of all.

mxlegend99

Referee
I’m a little over the alleged post GF indiscretions, whatever they were.

Two seasons of lockdowns, no fans, bubbles and god knows whatever else and the media is in meltdown as a consequence of our boisterous celebrations. Go figure.

We won the premiership fair and square. We didn’t abuse or cheat the salary cap which from my perspective is the biggest indiscretion of all.
The media gave attacked us for the past 12 months over every little thing we did. A comment @Blade23 made probably explains why. We're taking legal action against the false accusations we knowingly played Brent Naden when he had taken drugs.

Makes sense now why they've gone over everything with a fine tooth comb to attack us. But praise other clubs for the same things and other players as characters etc. If they do what our guys do.

Only player who deserves the negative media attention is Tyrone May. Everyone else is being targeted without reason and it's f**king ridiculous. Our players are fined for disrespecting a trophy because the media falsely slammed us for breaking it. The ssme media ignored the real story once it broke that the trophy was broken accidentally by a non player trying to take a photo with it. Our guys are then disrespecting it when they treat it like a baby

Yet 12 months ago Brandon Smith was a legend for that

DinkyDi

Juniors
The media gave attacked us for the past 12 months over every little thing we did. A comment @Blade23 made probably explains why. We're taking legal action against the false accusations we knowingly played Brent Naden when he had taken drugs.

Makes sense now why they've gone over everything with a fine tooth comb to attack us. But praise other clubs for the same things and other players as characters etc. If they do what our guys do.

Only player who deserves the negative media attention is Tyrone May. Everyone else is being targeted without reason and it's f**king ridiculous. Our players are fined for disrespecting a trophy because the media falsely slammed us for breaking it. The ssme media ignored the real story once it broke that the trophy was broken accidentally by a non player trying to take a photo with it. Our guys are then disrespecting it when they treat it like a baby

Yet 12 months ago Brandon Smith was a legend for that
I agree. I wonder if May, and Cleary, will be punished for their friends breaking the border restrictions?

DinkyDi

Juniors
I would assume that there is no evidence that either player played any part in that or it would have gotten a mention with the other indiscretions.

I wont expect the media to report that though.
Yeah I agree, however, one would have thought that the NRL would have addressed that. I have not seen any disrespect about the trophy though. I am flabbergasted that Cleary and Crichton, has been fined? May I get, I wish he was a former panther, to be honest.

Munky

Coach
The only reason these articles are being published is because the GF was the last bit of Rugby League until next February.

Every other year there is a Kangaroos team selection to get worked up over, a tour to GB, world cup or even last year an Origin series.

Our boys just lucked out and won the year there is nothing to discuss. I've seen more whinging by Penrith fans about the commentary than I have commentary from fans of the other clubs combined. Outside of a few trolls nobody gives a shit.

Black Diamond

Juniors
The Wrong Team Won....the whole week was about Bennett, Benji and some kid from Redfern, a proposed South Sydney Centre of Excellence got more air time, NRL and News Corp have gotten the noses out of joint, so payback time. Pretty similar v Parra, fined $25k trainer suspended because we WON.
Agree, hardly a word was said about the team that was turning up for their 2nd GF appearance in a row. However, we did not have the "Master Coach" who had outwitted Ivan a few weeks earlier.

I so enjoyed watching Bennett, Marshall and Reynold's fairytales collapse in a heap while our boys celebrated.

How dare we win...