What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

NK Arsenal

Juniors
That bulldogs one is an awesome design, the only fault I have with it is the red Sydney tools box

Who are the names inside the white V?

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Xcalibre

Juniors
That bulldogs one is an awesome design, the only fault I have with it is the red Sydney tools box

Who are the names inside the white V?

That's a fault on all their jerseys. Sticks out like dogs balls, but sponsors often do.

The silhouettes at dawn and the names in the V are excellent, but like @Perth Red said, one day without all the sponsors tainting the sentiment would be nice. Manly is possibly my favourite, one the reasons being they are advertising Dee Why RSL instead of their usual main sponsor. The large silhouette is also simple, yet effective.

Overall, the Bulldogs is one of their better special jerseys, but the bar is fairly low there.

All the rest are pretty meh. Cows with the slim camo strips is gross. Penrith not much better. There's subtle, and there's, why bother?

Saxon

Bench
As a former serving member of the Air Force (and son of a RAAFie as well) I find the red and green Rabbitohs roundel in incredibly bad taste. Just personal opinion.

untitled-1.png

sempmrh

Juniors
The whole sponsors on ANZAC jerseys discussion wouldn’t be a thing if teams didn’t run around in silly ANZAC themed costumes.

Teams can wear their regular jerseys. The NRL can produce a heat-press patch to go over the Telstra Premiership logo with an added ANZAC Appeal logo and a rosemary sprig patch for above the team logo. Add commemorative embroidery for the teams playing on the day and you’re done. It’s respectful, the player worn jerseys can be auctioned off and the clubs won’t look gross by profiting off of the day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's a fault on all their jerseys. Sticks out like dogs balls, but sponsors often do.

The silhouettes at dawn and the names in the V are excellent, but like @Perth Red said, one day without all the sponsors tainting the sentiment would be nice. Manly is possibly my favourite, one the reasons being they are advertising Dee Why RSL instead of their usual main sponsor. The large silhouette is also simple, yet effective.

Overall, the Bulldogs is one of their better special jerseys, but the bar is fairly low there.

All the rest are pretty meh. Cows with the slim camo strips is gross. Penrith not much better. There's subtle, and there's, why bother?
In defence of the Cowboys, the shoulders are all camo too - not just those tiny stripes. Will be more obvious tomorrow night.

gzerounian

Juniors
I was at Bankwest yesterday and while it wasn't impossible to tell the teams apart, Manly's decision to use orange didn't make it easy. Throw the sun into the equation and it started to get pretty frustrating. I don't know what the solution is but maybe if teams are informed before designs are submitted wether they will be Away or Home for Anzac round might reduce the chances of teams having similar jerseys.
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.56.35 pm.png

Nuke

Staff member
I was at Bankwest yesterday and while it wasn't impossible to tell the teams apart, Manly's decision to use orange didn't make it easy. Throw the sun into the equation and it started to get pretty frustrating. I don't know what the solution is but maybe if teams are informed before designs are submitted wether they will be Away or Home for Anzac round might reduce the chances of teams having similar jerseys.
View attachment 47915
Perhaps the solution is set matchups every ANZAC Round. 2 of the games are already locked in each and every year anyway. Just alternate the home team every year.

Using this year as an example, you'd know next year Manly would host Wests so Manly would get the first option to wear a darker kit and Wests would have to go with a lighter one (whether the teams chose to do the themed jersey or not).

MugaB

Coach
Perhaps the solution is set matchups every ANZAC Round. 2 of the games are already locked in each and every year anyway. Just alternate the home team every year.

Using this year as an example, you'd know next year Manly would host Wests so Manly would get the first option to wear a darker kit and Wests would have to go with a lighter one (whether the teams chose to do the themed jersey or not).
That makes sense, since Melbourne always play warriors, and dragons always get roosters, a set anzac round for all matches would make supporters plan ahead for their teams rivalries, as the famous Dragons V Roosters seems to get more crowds due to this public holiday

flippikat

Bench
That makes sense, since Melbourne always play warriors, and dragons always get roosters, a set anzac round for all matches would make supporters plan ahead for their teams rivalries, as the famous Dragons V Roosters seems to get more crowds due to this public holiday

I suspect that if (when?) a 2nd NZ team is added to the competition, they may have the early game on ANZAC day versus a set Australian opponent (akin to the Warriors v Storm being the late game every year).

NK Arsenal

Juniors
View attachment 47915
As a knights fan I was filthy they have stolen our idea of wearing orange v the Tigers