What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

kdalymc

Bench
Love the yellow, and we 200% need to use it more, but we just can't quite nail a yellow strip....

2012 was closest

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
only clash would be Newcastle's 2008 centenary heritage strip :)

knights-players-show-emotion-after-a-roosters-try-during-the-round-15-picture-id81660590
Edit: i forgot what a unit Danny Wicks was, and he had a magnificent try in this game too

Im probably the only person in the world who thinks this, but i would love to see this as our permanent Alternate design.

The Red-Blue-White has always looks shocking, so a solid solution would be to limit the blue to collar, sleeves, trimming.

Make it happen, Knights!!!

no name

Coach
To me, it looks like a play on the diamonds jersey. Wish they used diamonds instead, but I guess triangles are more dynamic, and their upward direction represents the future trajectory of the Broncos under Kev.
There’s plenty of downward triangles on that jersey.

Im probably the only person in the world who thinks this, but i would love to see this as our permanent Alternate design.

The Red-Blue-White has always looks shocking, so a solid solution would be to limit the blue to collar, sleeves, trimming.

Make it happen, Knights!!!
The one I like for Newcastle as an alternate was the triangle 9's jersey. While it isn't traditional by any definition of the word, it was very clearly a Newcastle jersey.

kdalymc

Bench
The one I like for Newcastle as an alternate was the triangle 9's jersey. While it isn't traditional by any definition of the word, it was very clearly a Newcastle jersey.
Better than that abortion they trotting out this year.
If you gonna rock a white jersey, make it look like a jersey, not a white lazy version of your home....

hrundi99

First Grade
Can anyone tell me if www.irugbyshop.com is legit NRL jerseys?

Mate why would a "shop" in the USA be carrying so much NRL stock for a non-existent market?

Why would the be selling stock across the board for less than wholesale price?

The address is randomly selected with no link to a bricks and mortar location.

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is...

From their WHOIS record:

Domain Name: IRUGBYSHOP.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2249349820_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Registrar URL: http://www.net.cn
Updated Date: 2021-04-02T06:41:40Z
Creation Date: 2018-04-08T05:58:14Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-04-08T05:58:14Z
Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 420
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: DomainAbuse@service.aliyun.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.95187
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: F1G1NS1.DNSPOD.NET
Name Server: F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET

Alibaba is dodgy as f^&k.

Jackson Allison

Juniors
Knights 2021 Indigenous Jerseys released! 39517B03-0C5A-461E-B809-0BBC72B7C28E.jpeg

Attachments

• E4A3286E-5166-4167-926D-01B7AEDBDFE1.jpeg
    E4A3286E-5166-4167-926D-01B7AEDBDFE1.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
Raiders and Knights 2021 Indigenous Jerseys released!View attachment 48392 View attachment 48393

Again... surely, SURELY....

Surely the sponsorship can be far better integrated into Indigenous Jerseys..

The whole purpose of Indigenous round is to celebrate and recognise the traditional owners of the land that we now are privileged to inhabit. The first nations people, of which there are many playing in the NRL and other rugby league competitions...

And as such, an Indigenous Jersey should primarily stand out to respect and honour these people.

However it isn't the indigenous design that stands out here............

Surely clubs should take the initiative, in combination and consultation with their sponsors, to integrate the sponsorship respectfully and cleverly into the indigenous design....and the corporate sponsors would have greater PR and respect for getting involved..

I get that there are aspects of such an initiative that could be problematic... But...

All I see here is a Big Red & White Corporate Rectangle and a Big Green Corporate Rectangle laid over an indigenous backdrop..... pretty symbolic of some aspects of Australian history...

If the clubs AND sponsors TRULY wish to pay respects to the traditional owners of the land - they'd do better than to slap logos onto Jerseys like these..

Perth Red

Post Whore

The whole purpose of Indigenous round is to celebrate and recognise the traditional owners of the land that we now are privileged to inhabit. The first nations people, of which there are many playing in the NRL and other rugby league competitions...

And as such, an Indigenous Jersey should primarily stand out to respect and honour these people.

Surely clubs should take the initiative, in combination and consultation with their sponsors, to integrate the sponsorship respectfully and cleverly into the indigenous design....and the corporate sponsors would have greater PR and respect for getting involved..

I get that there are aspects of such an initiative that could be problematic... But...

All I see here is a Big Red & White Corporate Rectangle and a Big Green Corporate Rectangle laid over an indigenous backdrop..... pretty symbolic of some aspects of Australian history...

If the clubs AND sponsors TRULY wish to pay respects to the traditional owners of the land - they'd do better than to slap logos onto Jerseys like these..

TBF this is largely about selling more merch and showing how inclusive your org is rather than any deep rooted values exercise to recognise indigenous Australia.
Thats not to say some clubs dont have very committed RAP's and are doing great stuff in their communities.

kdalymc

Bench

That Knights one is almost as bad as the early Storm ones.
White NIB with no box would look fine ffs

TBF this is largely about selling more merch and showing how inclusive your org is rather than any deep rooted values exercise to recognise indigenous Australia.
Thats not to say some clubs dont have very committed RAP's and are doing great stuff in their communities.

Agreed.

Clubs like Souths are extremely active in this regard - I've seen first hand and through people in the club know of their work in the community. Other clubs will be too I'm sure, some more than others..

Like many "PR" initiatives in the football codes, sadly it's just about the PR and selling merch as you suggest, rather than an inherent desire to respect and honour the occasion, but IMO especially for indigenous Australia..

I think Women in League and Anzac Rounds are done very, very well. Yes they can sell extra merch but all of it is done failry respectfully... and where the jersey sponsorship is not so much of an issue..

But here you've effectively got indigenous artwork at the heart of your jersey design..... "polluted" with logos of corporate Australia..

I can't imagine how they approach the designers for these jerseys.... and advising effectively "just make sure you allow for an NIB rectangle to be placed over the very centre of the artwork, and McDonnell Jones space on the sleeve.."

BTW that's not a crack at Newcastle.... that goes for all the clubs... and the NRL..

Latest posts