What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R8 Sat - Penrith 28-16 Manly @ Carrington

Round 8: Penrith v Manly

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Our record in Bathurst isnt great, but this is a 3pm day game. That said, whilst we have been winning, the last few weeks haven't been too special. I think our first loss is coming, and this may be it ..

pantherz9103

First Grade
Our record in Bathurst isnt great, but this is a 3pm day game. That said, whilst we have been winning, the last few weeks haven't been too special. I think our first loss is coming, and this may be it ..

You never know what will happen on any given day but I'm not worried about our recent form just because we haven't thumped the opposition the past 2 weeks. We still haven't conceded more than 12 points in a game in 2021 which shows that even if our attack isn't spectacular our defence is always strong. Dylan's 2nd week back and now Api back as well so if anything we should play better than the last couple of weeks and Manly will have to go to another level to be a chance of beating us.

mxlegend99

Referee
With what i've read, Is it to early to warm up the 50 thread yet???
Turbo isn't good enough to put 50 on Panthers.

Honestly I expect a close match. Panthers haven't been putting that many points on recently. Manly have but only against shit defensive sides.

I doubt either team hits 30+ in this game. Expecting something more like a 24 to 12 scoreline. With Turbo firing possibly 24 to 18.

GongPanther

Referee
So... they didn’t break the Dragons record?
In the NRL, but for both comps, best since 1959 when that comp comprised of 10 teams. Either one admires last season's effort, or loses sleep over it. Either way, for us it's great to be a Panther fan:)

SBD82

Coach
In the NRL, but for both comps, best since 1959 when that comp comprised of 10 teams. Either one admires last season's effort, or loses sleep over it. Either way, for us it's great to be a Panther fan:)
That’s certainly a lot of words. But I’m still confused.

Why did you call them record breaking, and then point to a record that they don’t hold?

GongPanther

Referee
That’s certainly a lot of words. But I’m still confused.

Why did you call them record breaking, and then point to a record that they don’t hold?
It was the best season in this NRL era, which is the record, and the best season overall (including NSWRL and NRL comps) since the 1959 Dragons.

To be better than the Dragons, a team would have to go through undefeated. And I think there have been 4 or 5 instances of a team going through a season undefeated before that 1959 Dragons.

The only record(s) to be broken are: 1/ to go through undefeated with wins and draws in the NRL era, and: 2/ A team to go through winning every season game in the NRL era.

The_Frog

First Grade
And I think there have been 4 or 5 instances of a team going through a season undefeated before that 1959 Dragons.
The only team to win every game was Souths in 1925, but they only played 12 games.

Apart from the 1959 Dragons, the 1935 Roosters won 15 and drew 1 from 16, and the 1921 Bears won 7 and drew 1 from 8. The 1915 Tigers won 14 and drew 2 from 16.

The 2020 Panthers have the best home and away winning percentage since 1959, but it means little if you don't win the big one.

GongPanther

Referee
The only team to win every game was Souths in 1925, but they only played 12 games.

Apart from the 1959 Dragons, the 1935 Roosters won 15 and drew 1 from 16, and the 1921 Bears won 7 and drew 1 from 8. The 1915 Tigers won 14 and drew 2 from 16.

The 2020 Panthers have the best home and away winning percentage since 1959, but it means little if you don't win the big one.
So that makes it five. Was too tired and bothered to look it up...so thanks Froggy.

SBD82

Coach
It was the best season in this NRL era, which is the record, and the best season overall (including NSWRL and NRL comps) since the 1959 Dragons.

To be better than the Dragons, a team would have to go through undefeated. And I think there have been 4 or 5 instances of a team going through a season undefeated before that 1959 Dragons.

The only record(s) to be broken are: 1/ to go through undefeated with wins and draws in the NRL era, and: 2/ A team to go through winning every season game in the NRL era.
So... they haven’t broken any records?

Latest posts