What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

Original Name

Juniors
For anyone who rates Alex Twal. Most of his basic stats are almost identical to Matt Eisunhuth except Matt has more offloads and misess less tackles (in less minutes).
Starting to come around on Matt. Didn't keep a close eye on him and though he was great depth, average as a starting in the 17 NRL player but I've seen some people who follow the sport closely say he's pretty underrated and Ivan does have an eye for those guys.

Still prefer Martin as prop more so because I feel like we're better with Capewell playing 80 at second row and I think Martin can at least be as good as Matt prop. But I don't dislike the ideas much.

WestyLife

First Grade
For anyone who rates Alex Twal. Most of his basic stats are almost identical to Matt Eisunhuth except Matt has more offloads and misess less tackles (in less minutes).
Starting to come around on Matt. Didn't keep a close eye on him and though he was great depth, average as a starting in the 17 NRL player but I've seen some people who follow the sport closely say he's pretty underrated and Ivan does have an eye for those guys.

Still prefer Martin as prop more so because I feel like we're better with Capewell playing 80 at second row and I think Martin can at least be as good as Matt prop. But I don't dislike the ideas much.

Both are good solid forwards. I have been assuming Eisenhuth gets a bench spot with us.

franklin2323

Immortal

I agree with the last part but injuries will hit. We will play a big pack so I think he still gets plenty of gametime even if he isn't in the top 17

betcats

Referee

He’s a good player he would be pretty good pff the bench. His career was seriously hampered by knee and shoulder recos and then a tumour in his elbow.

Jane Murray

Bench
Didn't know about the tumour. That's rough.
Eisenhuth's journey from cancer to NRL

Having survived cancer, Wests Tigers back-rower Matt Eisenhuth made his NRL debut in Saturday's loss to Cronulla.

UPDATEDUPDATED 18/06/2017
It's said you need to have cement in your bones to play in the NRL and when it comes to Wests Tigers back-rower Matt Eisenhuth that's literally the case.

When the 24-year-old stepped across the stripe for his first-grade debut in Saturday's loss to Cronulla, it was an extra special moment having fought and beaten cancer.

Eisenhuth's world was turned upside down three years ago when it was discovered he had a bone tumour in his lower leg.

While at Penrith, he was undergoing rehabilitation from double shoulder surgery and began experiencing a dull ache in his knee.

It was during a routine x-ray that he realised it was something more than a football-related injury.

"They sent me for an x-ray and they stopped the x-ray halfway through it and the people who were doing it they said 'how long have you had the pain for?' I knew straight away something was going on," Eisenhuth said.

"I didn't find out until the next day when I saw the club doctor and he told me what I had."

The tumour turned out to be benign and was successfully removed however the brush with cancer changed his outlook on life and made his NRL debut all the more special.

"At the time they said it's most likely not going to be malignant but it's still a scare," he said.

"I don't know where it came from but it just started inside my bone and started to eat away at the bone. It was more like there was a hole in my leg than anything.

"They had it cut into my leg, scoop around it and filled it with bone cement.

"I've got bone cement in my leg and that's holding it all together. They said it as strong as it was before so there's no reason why you shouldn't play."

Eisenhuth has a one-year deal with the Tigers and now has a golden chance to cement a spot in the top 17 and his future after standing out on debut.

In a 52-minute stint he made 150m from 17 carries and 21 tackles as well as showcasing his offload skills which caused the Sharks plenty of headaches.

"I thought he played really well, he certainly didn't look out of place," coach Ivan Cleary said.

Sharks skipper and Eisenhuth's cousin Paul Gallen described him as one of the Tigers' best on the park.

"He played really well, your first game can be hard or it can be a memorable one," Gallen said.

"I thought he played really well tonight and I said to him that he and (Ava) Seumanufagai were probably their two best forwards.

"Fingers crossed he can stay in first grade."

Panther Mick

Juniors
Cowboys Round 1 despite there poor 2020 they have a new coach in Todd Payton who did good things as interim coach of the Warriors in the Covid interrupted 2020 season.

On paper, at full strength they are dangerous opponents.

Dangerous yes. Payton will shake things up for them. Given the inconsistent early season form of teams over the1st month with fitness and form. This will be a tricky game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Listening to Big Sports Breakfast driving to golf this morning a Bulldogs fan called in, spoke to Dean ‘Bulldog’ Ritchie and claimed he was hearing the Burton switch to the dogs was still a possibility. Ritchie said he had spoken to Greg Alexander a couple of days ago who 100% said Burton was staying for this season. The Burton rumours are probably going to linger right up until no further trades are possible what ever the cut off time is for this season.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/24/leota-to-wipe-quiet-achiever-tag-ahead-of-promotion/

This is Moses Leotas time. He has to make the step up from handy option off the bench to week in week out starter. Needs to deliver at least 40-50 minutes quality time and start churning out 150 metres or more hard yards. We need at least one of our middles to compliment JFH.

I like Moses and how he plays the game. Over the last couple of years he's shown improvement each and every year. Good step on him too, appears to have a good motor too. Needs to cut down on errors when under fatigue. Hoping for a big year for him, comming into his prime.

Kilkenny

Coach
I like Moses and how he plays the game. Over the last couple of years he's shown improvement each and every year. Good step on him too, appears to have a good motor too. Needs to cut down on errors when under fatigue. Hoping for a big year for him, comming into his prime.

JFH delivers 18-20 hit ups and 200 metres. He is the benchmark and our foremost front rower. Moses does have a good motor, he is capable of big minutes so yes this is his season to make the step up and deliver 13-15 hit ups and approaching 150 metres on average per game. He has a quality off load in him as well so hopefully he can deliver a few of those without turning over possession.

betcats

Referee
JFH delivers 18-20 hit ups and 200 metres. He is the benchmark and our foremost front rower. Moses does have a good motor, he is capable of big minutes so yes this is his season to make the step up and deliver 13-15 hit ups and approaching 150 metres on average per game. He has a quality off load in him as well so hopefully he can deliver a few of those without turning over possession.

If he can give us that regularly I will be very happy.

Blues Riff

Bench
What do we think about this year's ANZAC jersey?
https://t.co/KzQvXMQhlE?amp=1

anzac-jersey-launch-website-article--jersey-shots-1500x500px.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts