What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

betcats

Referee
f**k the roosters I hate them. I think they might be planning on losing Manu though as he’s going to get offers to play fullback just not from the roosters.

mxlegend99

Referee
All the successful teams develop the majority of their players. Development is the path to success. People meme the Roosters but Radley, Manu, Tupou, Collins, Gus (he was a Roosters before he was a Rabbitohs) all went through the development system. We develop differently to the Roosters and the Storm but you're nuts to try and and win a premiership primarily on recruitment of established players. You have to young guys playing on ability above their contracts.

Storm had that last year with guys like Tino on f**k all.
Roosters premierships were built on signing Tedesco and Cronk. Keary was huge aswell.

3/4 of their spine developed by rivals. Every team has atleast a few players they have developed. Whether it be the premiers or wooden spooners. But for Roosters their past 3 premierships came on the back of marquee signings. No other club can keep a roster together like Roosters and go out and recruit the best players in positions they need to improve like they can.

Imagine if we could go ok fullback and centre need improving. Then go and recruit say Tedesco / Turbo / RTS for fullback and Staggs for centre. That's what Roosters can do.

GongPanther

Referee
All the successful teams develop the majority of their players. Development is the path to success. People meme the Roosters but Radley, Manu, Tupou, Collins, Gus (he was a Roosters before he was a Rabbitohs) all went through the development system.
Unless I've misunderstood your post, Gus was a Wenty junior (Parra) before Penrith signed him n 1976. Then moved on to Newtown, then the Dogs. Then his last year of football at Souths, Gus never played for the Roosters.

betcats

Referee
Unless I've misunderstood your post, Gus was a Wenty junior (Parra) before Penrith signed him n 1976. Then moved on to Newtown, then the Dogs. Then his last year of football at Souths, Gus never played for the Roosters.

I don’t think he means Gould

The_Frog

First Grade
Betting Market 5/3/21 (Sportsbet) 6 days before round 1

$5 Panthers, Rabbitohs
$6 Roosters
$6.5 Storm
$10 Raiders
$17 Titans, Eels
$23 Knights
$26 Manly
$31 Warriors, Cowboys
$34 Sharks
$41 Bulldogs, Tigers
$51 Broncos, Dragons

Smug Panther

First Grade
Betting Market 5/3/21 (Sportsbet) 6 days before round 1

$5 Panthers, Rabbitohs
$6 Roosters
$6.5 Storm
$10 Raiders
$17 Titans, Eels
$23 Knights
$26 Manly
$31 Warriors, Cowboys
$34 Sharks
$41 Bulldogs, Tigers
$51 Broncos, Dragons
Raiders the best bet at the price. We are a bit too short imo

franklin2323

Immortal
Raiders the best bet at the price. We are a bit too short imo

Canberra will struggle early on. Depends if they can get enough wins when Croker is back and Hodgson gets match fit

Given the age of the side. We were always going to be favourites. Prob will for the next few years too

What a turnaround betting-wise for the Titans!

I don’t have the betting stats from the beginning of last season but they would’ve been close to wooden spoon favourites.

Now they’re equal 5th title favourites!!

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
What a turnaround betting-wise for the Titans!

I don’t have the betting stats from the beginning of last season but they would’ve been close to wooden spoon favourites.

Now they’re equal 5th title favourites!!
I think people are reading too much into the way the Titians finished last year.
They won their last 5 games to move into 9th place.
Sounds good until you look at who they beat.
Dragons, Bulldogs, Broncos, Manly and the Knights. Hardly top 4 teams.
Games before that they lost to Raiders, Sharks, Roosters and Panthers.
So they don't go so well against quality opposition.
According to NRL.com they have the 2nd easiest draw so maybe that's why they are so heavily backed.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think people are reading too much into the way the Titians finished last year.
They won their last 5 games to move into 9th place.
Sounds good until you look at who they beat.
Dragons, Bulldogs, Broncos, Manly and the Knights. Hardly top 4 teams.
Games before that they lost to Raiders, Sharks, Roosters and Panthers.
So they don't go so well against quality opposition.
According to NRL.com they have the 2nd easiest draw so maybe that's why they are so heavily backed.

This. Brimson aside the spine is poor.

I have the same top 6 as last year finishing there just in a different order. Same thing the bottom 4.

The other 6. Depending on who beats who to how they finish

maple_69

Bench
This. Brimson aside the spine is poor.

I think as much as a hot end to their last season the form of Taylor is what they really have to be hopeful about. If Taylor can start to deliver on some of his potential, Fogerty can be a solid foil and Peachey is still capable of breaking a game open.

That’s a lot of ifs along with an average backline and bench though. I don’t have them that far off Manly/Newcastle who are a good step below Parra, let alone Canberra and up. I hope they deliver.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think as much as a hot end to their last season the form of Taylor is what they really have to be hopeful about. If Taylor can start to deliver on some of his potential, Fogerty can be a solid foil and Peachey is still capable of breaking a game open.

That’s a lot of ifs along with an average backline and bench though. I don’t have them that far off Manly/Newcastle who are a good step below Parra, let alone Canberra and up. I hope they deliver.

It is very easy to beat up on some teams that have clocked out for the year. A lot harder to do it in meaningful games

I agree. I have atleast the Sharks not making the 8. Knights too given where they sit player wise.

So there are 2 spots up for grabs. No reason they can't be one if they keep improving

martielang

Bench
Fogarty looks decent, think you’re underestimating them. I don’t think they’ll be top 4 but should be top 8 & will be real difficult to beat at home.