What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Surely the reigning premiers can sell out that small stadium for an opening all sydney game?
Do you ever consider full context when making such grandiose statements?

There's been nearly a fortnight of rain, and in terms of the Sydney area, Penrith and Manly's areas have been the hardest hit, and it's not over yet.

Add to that a new surge in COVID cases.

Anything above 15k will be a fantastic outcome.

Fine weather tonight so I'm expecting 15-18000 at Penrith.
conservative there

They had 6 sellouts in a row to start 2021, allbeit 5 with restricted capacity of 14000 for 5
id be tipping a near capacity crowd of 20,000 & if it was tomorrow night it would have sold out a long time ago

Suitman

Post Whore
conservative there

They had 6 sellouts in a row to start 2021, allbeit 5 with restricted capacity of 14000 for 5
id be tipping a near capacity crowd of 20,000 & if it was tomorrow night it would have sold out a long time ago

Yes, I WAS being conservative. I took into account the recent (and still continuing) flooding, and the fact it's a Thursday night.
I'd certainly love to see something closer to 20 k's.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What’s the capacity? Looks about 75% full which is decent enough for a thusday night and the price they charge to sit on a grass hill.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
For those of you who like me, and are unfortunate enough to give a sh*t about crowds. Here is how Suncorp will look.

- Black lines indicate that the bays are or are close to sold out.
- Red lines indicate GA bays, stadium members, and areas that will probably not sell out before kickoff. These areas may appear half full.

The weather is pretty shyte in Brisbane at the moment and kickoff is at 7pm Brisbane time, so I wouldn't expect it to fill-out till 20mins into the first half. If the weather clears, and there is a good walk up crowd they might sell into 719,720 and 721, or 727, 728 and 729.

Given weather and the recent floods, I think 34k. With Reynolds probably more like 37-40k.

3bd24d3e3060621ec5a58922344c1da5.gif

Latest posts