What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
That’s terrible. Why even bother taking it to 52,000 capacity stadium?
I assume that it was given to them for next to nothing and its perfect for broadcast.

Hopefully somehow the League public of Brisbane find out about it and force Suncorp + NRL to put more areas on sale by buying tickets.

Coastbloke

Bench
Members all over at the scg I see

God I loath that game. I was at the Ettalong Hotel this evening and sitting in the main bar when some dipshit asked for the game on the big screen. Bang, I was sitting right next the screen and was subjected to this abhorrent sport in all it’s volume..

I immediately turned my back on the awful spectacle but then was facing half the bogan drunk patrons who had been there since 10am drinking New and betting on the nags.Thankfully we had a table booked for dinner in the Bistro and immediately moved to safety…

Cheers to the trackhead in a Panthers jersey cheering on the Eastern Suburbs darlings..

Homo man69

Juniors

This place will be pumping Friday night, shame the temp seating hasn't been installed at the city end (this pic was taken yesterday).
Not sure why didn't build it the same all the way round? It couldn't have been that much of a hassle, unless I'm missing something?

beave

Coach
Not sure why didn't build it the same all the way round? It couldn't have been that much of a hassle, unless I'm missing something?
The attached pic is the design philosophy Cox Architecture were going for A0C9012B-B2AC-4C4B-BA05-DEEEF36D72AB.jpeg

They basically wanted you to be able to see out towards the city scape.

Having the "open" end also allows for some breeze to get in. I've been to 4 games at QCB, the opening night in early March 2020 was absolutely shit house for the spectators as it was ridiculously hot even for NQ standards.If that northern end was enclosed, it would be even worse.

I'm a fan of the design, it's awesome to be able to see in when walking towards it from the CBD.

The stadium also cost $300mil (cyclone rated structures add another 20-30% onto a build) if you throw another tier at that end and it would probably push its build cost up towards $400mil.

Wb1234

Referee
God I loath that game. I was at the Ettalong Hotel this evening and sitting in the main bar when some dipshit asked for the game on the big screen. Bang, I was sitting right next the screen and was subjected to this abhorrent sport in all it’s volume..

I immediately turned my back on the awful spectacle but then was facing half the bogan drunk patrons who had been there since 10am drinking New and betting on the nags.Thankfully we had a table booked for dinner in the Bistro and immediately moved to safety…

Cheers to the trackhead in a Panthers jersey cheering on the Eastern Suburbs darlings..
Tried to watch the last 6 minutes as we were waiting for the football to come on

how do people watch it I will never know

footy75

Bench
Tried to watch the last 6 minutes as we were waiting for the football to come on

how do people watch it I will never know

Last 5 minutes of that game was the only good part. Players were fatigued and out on their feet and just throwing themselves at the ball, pies trying to get it to score and sydney trying to stop them for a spot in the grand final. It was tense. High stakes, intense, close finals like that are epic in every sport.

60,000+ next week at Accor?
itd be nice but I think that would be difficult
something around 50-55K I'll say

Penrith aren't one of Sydney's big clubs despite their present popularity.
Souths will bring 30K

If the NRL market it well & the ticket pricing is done right , maybe neutrals could bump it up.
Fact is it will be in the big house .... so if you wanna go as a fan of either club or just a by stander for a night out , you will be able to go.