What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Amazing performance from the boys. Dominated them from the opening minute. I thought there wasn’t a single weak link in the side last night but my top 5 that really stood out were:

Leota: Best game I’ve seen him play, he set the tone with his aggression, was the best forward on the ground and a real chance to take the CC.

Edwards: capped off his best ever season with a perfect game. That tackle of Simmonson was Sattleresque. Worthy CC recipient.

To’o: was absolutely immense and if he wasn’t a winger probably would’ve gone very close to CC. His carries were just ridiculous and put us on the front foot all night. Bizarre tactic by Parra to keep kicking to him. I will admit I thought he might be past his prime when he was going through that post-Origin slump but he has arguably been our best player through the finals.

Martin: played a perfect game. Tough and aggressive without doing anything fancy. Just got through the hard work. I know some say we can afford to lose him but last night showed why we should do everything we can to keep him.

Cleary: controlled the game perfectly. If he scores that try that landed just short does he win the CC? That kick to Sorensen was a thing of beauty.

Iamback

Coach
Amazing performance from the boys. Dominated them from the opening minute. I thought there wasn’t a single weak link in the side last night but my top 5 that really stood out were:

Leota: Best game I’ve seen him play, he set the tone with his aggression, was the best forward on the ground and a real chance to take the CC.

Edwards: capped off his best ever season with a perfect game. That tackle of Simmonson was Sattleresque. Worthy CC recipient.

To’o: was absolutely immense and if he wasn’t a winger probably would’ve gone very close to CC. His carries were just ridiculous and put us on the front foot all night. Bizarre tactic by Parra to keep kicking to him. I will admit I thought he might be past his prime when he was going through that post-Origin slump but he has arguably been our best player through the finals.

Martin: played a perfect game. Tough and aggressive without doing anything fancy. Just got through the hard work. I know some say we can afford to lose him but last night showed why we should do everything we can to keep him.

Cleary: controlled the game perfectly. If he scores that try that landed just short does he win the CC? That kick to Sorensen was a thing of beauty.

Edwards played a 10/10. No one gets the CC off him

age.s

First Grade
Agreed but others were certainly close/in the conversation IMO
I do think Nath would have gotten it if he scores that try. He had a great game but he didn't have that endlessly repayable moment like Dyl did with the tackle. Media hype would have had him shading Dyl all else being equal. Whether that would have been fair is another matter.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Got my signed jersey ordered new premiers and back to back shirts ordered message sent to penny brewers in penrith to see if there doing the premiers beer cans this year .now just got to keep a eye out to see if tooheys are doing a premiers can again