What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Saint Doc

Coach
That *is* their digital secondary logo, the NRL created it for them (and every club)

Wow, thanks for the breaking news 😂

I know what it is. It is rarely used by the club. Other than some generic mass produced merch done by the NRL, the club essentially doesn’t use this logo. It’s not used as a replacement logo on club produced merch. It’s not used as their social media display picture. My point was, rather than replace our traditional logo, I would *use* a digitally appropriate logo, *like* the one I posted (ie they might use it, or they might decide to create their own similar version)

Isaac A

Juniors

I know what it is. It is rarely used by the club. Other than some generic mass produced merch done by the NRL, the club essentially doesn’t use this logo. It’s not used as a replacement logo on club produced merch. It’s not used as their social media display picture. My point was, rather than replace our traditional logo, I would *use* a digitally appropriate logo, *like* the one I posted (ie they might use it, or they might decide to create their own similar version)
You’ll get banned 😂😂😂😂😂

juggalo

Juniors
Sharks, dogs, dragons, all have a light home jerseym that's why they bring out a dark away jersey, however it can only be used against each other so you only see them 2/3 times a year
We pretty much only wear it against the Titans

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Mock me for replying to explain something, then spend a whole paragraph clarifying what your original post meant because what you meant wasn't clear... righto, gotcha.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We pretty much only wear it against the Titans
Almost but not quite this year! They wore indigenous (also predominantly black in 2021) v Titans as it fell in that round, and the away jersey got a run v Raiders in Round 18. The remaining 22 games were all in the home jersey, which was by far the most worn of any club (Bulldogs and Eels were next with 17).

RedVDave

First Grade
I'm with ya. But admittedly they bring big cash to the game. Who are the big blue chips still sponsoring?

St George Bank still going with the Dragons for 15+ seasons.
Vodafone are loyal to the Warriors
Toyota have stuck by the Cowboys for many seasons - not sure how many though?
Kia with the Broncos for a while now

NIB - Knights, Oak - Panthers, lower tier but loyal sponsors - who perhaps pay as much as the blue chips..

Otherwise it's a merry-go-round of sponsors who just come and go including betting..

Centrebet, Luxbet, Sportsbet, Neds.... etc etc etc

But my favourite sponsor in recent times - M&J Chickens!
Steggles with Roosters for 12-13 seasons.

Saint Doc

Coach
Mock me for replying to explain something, then spend a whole paragraph clarifying what your original post meant because what you meant wasn't clear... righto, gotcha.
It wasn’t clear to *you* darling.
no one else felt the need to tell me the sky is blue.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
My point.
Don't call it an away. Call it an alternate
Well that’s a whole other argument. The concept of home and away jerseys is dumb in my opinion. Souths are the only team that have an arbitrary home and away and it causes some stupidly unnecessary clashes. More often than not the away teams wear their ‘home’ anyway (as they should)

I think clubs should have a ‘Main’ jersey and then 2 ‘alternates’

MugaB

Coach
Well that’s a whole other argument. The concept of home and away jerseys is dumb in my opinion. Souths are the only team that have an arbitrary home and away and it causes some stupidly unnecessary clashes. More often than not the away teams wear their ‘home’ anyway (as they should)

I think clubs should have a ‘Main’ jersey and then 2 ‘alternates’
Actually the more i think of it and after reading your reply, maybe away jerseys are useless, Home, Heritage and Alternate is probably the better way to go...
In regards to the Sharks, they could have used the current home as a heritage and go with a new style leaving the black as an alternate, or leave it as is, and use the diagonal 90s one they had for the heritage

Nuke

Staff member
I have long been a vocal advocate for the 'main' / 'alternate' concept over the 'home / away' concept.

Main gets used for all games except when playing away and the main would clash with the home team's kit. Then an alternate comes into play. One that's going to provide a big enough point of contrast so as not to fall into the Souths home/away situation.
And yep, a heritage jersey to be used maybe twice per season, but ideally each club would be in their most iconic jersey as a main every week anyway.