What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

_Johnsy

Referee
So what happens to these fellas if they get injured next week and the only available surgeon or anaesthetist is gay? Refuse to be treated?
According to reports today they have agreed to play in next years pride round. Again, according to reports they only issue was they were not consulted. Am I being too harsh in seeing the religious/cultural beliefs as bullshit, as they've changed their tune and reasons within a few days? (If the reports are accurate). Surely if their religious beliefs was truly the reason for the boycott, the would boycott again or are they now watering down their religious beliefs for 2023 because of the public backlash?

This has been handled so poorly from both parties, the players boycotting and Manly.

Edited
Possibly had discussions with Ian Roberts and/or someone has explained what being inclusive actually means.

Last edited:

It's Been Done

Juniors
This game is where Wests Tigers need a White version of their Home and Alternate/Balmain jersey, it's a bit messy looking tonight against the Broncos and the side panels don't help at all

kdalymc

Bench
I just had a quick browse, but did anyone mention amongst all the Manly Warringah rubbish, out of their 7 jerseys, they DID NOT WEAR and ANZAC jersey??!!?
The most important day in Australia and they replaced it with a jersey dedicated to their major gambling sponsor. That's alot more offensive than a couple of stripes....

Last edited by a moderator:

MugaB

Coach
Bulldogs vs Cowboys. Holy Jersey clash Batman.

Bulldogs white vs Cowboys navy would've been better. But alas both equal white and blue
Not really, cowboys in navy shoulders, but in an all white kit, Bulldogs had white shoulders in an royal blue kit, as much as its simply 2 blue and white teams, it was still distinctive

Colk

First Grade
Not really, cowboys in navy shoulders, but in an all white kit, Bulldogs had white shoulders in an royal blue kit, as much as its simply 2 blue and white teams, it was still distinctive

Yeah I don’t see the problem. You could tell them apart

Frailty

First Grade
It was a predominantly royal blue kit (with white shoulders) vs a predominantly white kit (with navy shoulders).

The clash was overblown.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bulldogs vs Cowboys. Holy Jersey clash Batman.

Bulldogs white vs Cowboys navy would've been better. But alas both equal white and blue
was shocking, how fricking hard is it for clubs to have an alternate jersey that looks nothing like the home one? SL clubs do this much much better.

cows.jpg

Santino Patane

Juniors
Why are Clubs so obsessed with white alternate kits? I know there's a few exceptions (eg Cronulla, and how much better is theirs) but it's almost unoriginal and dull having white jerseys.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I
Why are Clubs so obsessed with white alternate kits? I know there's a few exceptions (eg Cronulla, and how much better is theirs) but it's almost unoriginal and dull having white jerseys.
like that the Sl clubs often go a bit whacky with their away kits, gives fans something a bit different to wear. As my club is red and white home kit traditionally we usually go with a navy and gold away kit. But every now and again we get a bit whacky like this one lol

hkr away.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Personally, I don't like the ESL system of alternate jerseys. Absolutely no recognition of teams for the casual fan. The jersey design is different, and on top of that, the colours aren't even the club colours. And I've seen in recent years that on these alternate jerseys often feature club logos that are also not the club colours too.

NRL clubs, in my opinion, should have an iconic main jersey and a truely contrasting jersey utilising the club's colours. This alternate jersey should only be used when away IF there's a genuine clash.

That's what I'd like to see anyway.

MugaB

Coach
Personally, I don't like the ESL system of alternate jerseys. Absolutely no recognition of teams for the casual fan. The jersey design is different, and on top of that, the colours aren't even the club colours. And I've seen in recent years that on these alternate jerseys often feature club logos that are also not the club colours too.

NRL clubs, in my opinion, should have an iconic main jersey and a truely contrasting jersey utilising the club's colours. This alternate jersey should only be used when away IF there's a genuine clash.

This and only this..

I mentioned this before a week back,
All kits should remain the home kit, in otherwords the shorts and socks remains the same always and just a switch of Jersey color for any clashes, sharks, panthers and tigers always have black shorts, dragons, roosters wear white shorts etc
In this instance where the dogs vs cows wear similar, well it wasn't one was a white kit with navy shoulders, the otger a royal blue kit with white shoulders... if was too close as people think it was, maybe cowboys as the away team should have a silver jersey as its their third color out of the navy, white, silver and gold

Perth Red

Post Whore

But the clash is in the colours, not the patterns. That’s the problem, nrl clubs do use their home colours most of the time and there isn’t enough contrast. bulldogs v cowboys is a common example.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I don’t even care about clashes if both teams are wearing their home kits that show off their true identity. But clashes that involve an away/alt/special jersey really annoy me. There just seems to be a bit of a lack of common sense sometimes. Like you could argue that the cowboys and dogs are both blue so that’s a clash, but a full navy kit vs royal blue and white is not a clash at all.

The problem with teams using white for their away/clash is that a lot of the time it gets used against teams that have white in their home kit, e.g. quite a few teams shorts, the dogs jersey. So a team like the Knights having a white kit with a small amount of red and blue being used against a team like the Roosters or Warriors ends up clashing just as much, if not more.
Which matchup out of these looks better? I’d say both home kits by a mile8C8B9B80-8D9A-4F7C-8763-81FE739499B7.jpeg

I know they barely clash with anyone, but the Sharks do it really well. The only team they clash with is the Titans, so when they’re the away team they wear black. Whereas when the Titans are the away team their away kit is still light blue and white and still sort of clashes with the Sharks home.

Basically I think teams should wear their home as regularly as possible and design the away/clash with who you’ll actually need it against in mind.

Like the Warriors away is almost pointless. It pretty much has the same ratio of blue to white as their home, so it clashes with teams like the dogs or the roosters just as much as their home would

Last edited: