What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Membership

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, but if they added it onto their membership packages with the title "2022 Member", with their membership number etched into it, then it would be a personalised one-of-a-kind item to help fans feel closer to the club.
Personalising stuff becomes very expensive. They buy in bulk to keep the merch cheap to make some profit on it.

macnaz

Staff member
Im not sure any club can beat Weststigers honorable rewards to loyal members.
2020 members had the option of a refund or basically donate the money ...which i did .. then rolled over GA membership and paid again for 2021 . During the year they decided the areas sold and documented where i am permitted to sit and have been sitting for over 20 years could earn them more money being sold to the general public for $47 whilst the members now had to go jostle for a spot on the hill.
Masterstroke in PR, ill be rushing in to get screwed again in 2022..NOT!

beave

Coach
Im not sure any club can beat Weststigers honorable rewards to loyal members.
2020 members had the option of a refund or basically donate the money ...which i did .. then rolled over GA membership and paid again for 2021 . During the year they decided the areas sold and documented where i am permitted to sit and have been sitting for over 20 years could earn them more money being sold to the general public for $47 whilst the members now had to go jostle for a spot on the hill.
Masterstroke in PR, ill be rushing in to get screwed again in 2022..NOT!
jesus, that's horrid mate. I'd be on the blower
giving it to them deluxe, might not change anything but at least they'd know peeps are angry......

macnaz

Staff member
jesus, that's horrid mate. I'd be on the blower
giving it to them deluxe, might not change anything but at least they'd know peeps are angry......
When i complained they just stated covid BS and the like which had nothing to do with what they did.. i canceled my membership there and then .. but get this, they wanted all the crappy used merch like caps ,lanyard and scarf sent back before they would refund my money.
What merkins! So anyway that's the end of future memberships from my family and friends 👍

Perth Red

Post Whore
When i complained they just stated covid BS and the like which had nothing to do with what they did.. i canceled my membership there and then .. but get this, they wanted all the crappy used merch like caps ,lanyard and scarf sent back before they would refund my money.
What merkins! So anyway that's the end of future memberships from my family and friends 👍
Some clubs really have no frickin idea!

horrie hastings

First Grade

The whole situation is well and truly f*cked, what a way to treat a loyal member :(

can;t believe the kings of smug penrith haven't released numbers as the defending premiers
surely they're at 20K by now
same the broncos , 20K plus

I'd say we're at over 260K all up & will push 350K for the season

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
can;t believe the kings of smug penrith haven't released numbers as the defending premiers
surely they're at 20K by now
same the broncos , 20K plus

I'd say we're at over 260K all up & will push 350K for the season
A month or two back we said we had a record number of new members but never said anything specific. Also there are two entire sections of seating that is exhausted seemingly for every game which must in large part be because of memberships.

Don’t know why us and Brisbane take so long to report numbers.

Noise

Coach
We can't challenge it. The stadium capacity is 30K. Unless a lot of regional eels fans take out memberships, I don't see it happening.
You don’t have to be a season ticket holder to become a member. We will easily surpass 30k this year.

yobbo84

First Grade
You don’t have to be a season ticket holder to become a member. We will easily surpass 30k this year.
What the Rabbitohs have led the way with is convincing supporters who don't really come to games to be financial members year-on-year. It started as a "we need you to survive" message (as we don't have a League's club) but now it's just what you do - become a member, be part of your club, get your hat, stickers, discounts, etc.

I'd say a large chunk of our members are non-ticketed and it's a huge boon to both our bottom line and fan engagement.

We can't challenge it. The stadium capacity is 30K. Unless a lot of regional eels fans take out memberships, I don't see it happening.
as pointed out it has literally got nothing to do with the size of your home ground , case in point the graph clearly showing that Parramatta had nearly 33K members last year.

Latest posts