What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R21 Sat - North Qld 24-16 Parramatta @ QLD Country Bank

Round 21: North Qld v Parramatta

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
An 'agenda' lmaooooo - the paranoia!!

And no death riding here, just commenting on the hilarious suggestions that Val's shoulder didn't touch his head.

beave

Coach
An 'agenda' lmaooooo - the paranoia!!

And no death riding here, just commenting on the hilarious suggestions that Val's shoulder didn't touch his head.

Most definitely touched his head, but not as severe an incident as some were carrying on about (not you mate, but on the socials).

I'm heading up in 2 weeks for the darbz, the 'ville will be going off, just gotta towel these GC scrubs next week.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Most definitely touched his head, but not as severe an incident as some were carrying on about (not you mate, but on the socials).

I'm heading up in 2 weeks for the darbz, the 'ville will be going off, just gotta towel these GC scrubs next week.
I wish I could go! I checked flights and it was like $1800 return from here so I couldn't get anyone else keen. Still haven't checked out your glorious stadium so I really want to go to a game there soon. I think you'll get us at home, but I'm happy that both our clubs are playing well, feels like it's been forever!!

There was no change in direction - his shoulder came in direct contact with the putrid head of Bitch Moses.

Some head-knocks cause concussion, others do not. Luckily for Mitch, his facial bones (jaw) did a good job in protecting his brain from knocking against his skull, so he wasn't knocked out. Val's shoulder still came in direct contact with his head and he was rightly binned.

View attachment 77192View attachment 77193View attachment 77194

Nothing in this hit was stopping Val's shoulder from hitting his head - the ball was yeeted into orbit and is an irrelevant factor of this tackle. You can fly from Brisbane to London via Dubai but you'll still hit London.

Our lust for the days of big hits causes us all to get a bit insane over these binnings, but this is how the game is adjudicated now. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, you'd be screaming for the Para player to be binned.

Like Bazal said, Paulo got 4 weeks for the same hit. You got the win, time to move on.
So how come Blake didn’t go to the bin?

He put on a blatant shoulder charge.

Campbell-Gillard should have been sent off last week. Refs go easy on Parra. Twice in the last 5 minutes of the Titans game they got away with charging at the kicker from an offside position, yet the refs let them go away with it.

Have more of a sook 😂
Your shit team lost, despite having every leg up in the world from the officials. Let that sink in.

Your shit club has never won a premiership in the national competition during the professional era. All of those premierships from the 80s don't count because it was just a crappy second-rate Sydney competition played by brick layers and plumbers. None of the NSWRL clubs could compete with the mighty Wynnum Manly Seagulls. Even the NSW coach said Wynnum Manly would have defeated the NSWRL premiers.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

This proves my point mate (that cows fans would bleat if their player copped that Val tackle). Maybe Blake should have been binned - but that doesn’t mean that Val shouldn’t have been. I was talking about the Val situation only - didn’t watch the whole game. Happy to discuss the Blake tackle if you can get me a vid of it.

This proves my point mate (that cows fans would bleat if their player copped that Val tackle). Maybe Blake should have been binned - but that doesn’t mean that Val shouldn’t have been. I was talking about the Val situation only - didn’t watch the whole game. Happy to discuss the Blake tackle if you can get me a vid of it.
There were three incidents of foul play from Parramatta that were let go. A blatant hip drop on Luciano that even didn't even bring about a penalty, but was put on report a few minutes later. Parra gave away 4 or 5 penalties in a row on their line. It should have led to a player being binned, especially after Annersley admitted that Parra should have been penalised twice for being offside twice in the last 5 minutes of last week's game against the Titans. The refs allowed Parra to cheat their way to victory over the Titans. Then they tried to get them over the line last night. Last year they let Parra score two tries from forward passes in the preliminary final.

Bazal

Post Whore

Campbell-Gillard should have been sent off last week. Refs go easy on Parra. Twice in the last 5 minutes of the Titans game they got away with charging at the kicker from an offside position, yet the refs let them go away with it.

Yawn. Tits were offside too and no one gets sent off anymore.

Blake didn't hit anyone high with his shoulder. Tino's last week was worse, are you upset he didn't get binned?

Last week it was an anti QLD conspiracy, then Taupau happened, so now it's a goal post shift and Parra get the rub (in a game where we had two tries against us off forward passes, got hammered in the penalty count and didn't touch the ball during Holmes sin bin cos Atkins was inventing six against)...

Pretty sad, alt guy

Yawn. Tits were offside too and no one gets sent off anymore.

The Parra players who charged at the Titans' halfback while attempting a field goal were clearly offside. They did it on both attempts. A week prior the the referee blew a penalty when the Titans committee the same infringement against the Dolphins.

Blake didn't hit anyone high with his shoulder. Tino's last week was worse, are you upset he didn't get binned?

Blake used his shoulder witbout attempting to wrap his arms around the player's body. It was late, too. That's a sin bin.

I don't remember the Tino incident.

Last week it was an anti QLD conspiracy, then Taupau happened, so now it's a goal post shift and Parra get the rub (in a game where we had two tries against us off forward passes, got hammered in the penalty count and didn't touch the ball during Holmes sin bin cos Atkins was inventing six against)...

Pretty sad, alt guy

Parramatta got away with murder in the ruck. They were holding down the tackled player to slow down the play the ball, even when the tackle was not dominant or voluntary. It's a tactic that Parra have used for years under Brad Arthur. They are given a lot of leeway, but occasionally get penalised for their foul play. Don't push the boundary every set and you won't have to worry about six agains.

Are you asking for the referee to turn a blind eye to Parra's grubby tactics?

None of the passes were forward like the one Moses through in last year's preliminary final.

isaiah

Bench
Part of me is keen to see how the Eels forum blames this on Arthur with all our outs, two tries off forward passes and three times the penalties against us.

The other part of me is keen to maintain my sanity and hair.
Oh for those glorious days of the eels forum. Such good times

Latest posts