What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Team

Choppy91

Juniors
In fairness.... If Ponga left..... We would have a million spare to sign a new fullback..... We could almost pick anyone..... With turbo and teddy obviously wrapped up long term..... You could make a case for Lil pap
In theory yeah, but We have trouble enticing high profile players to come to Newy. I remember when we got Pearce, it took some serious arm twisting by the Johns brothers to make it happen.

Jono078

Referee
Jahrome Hughes is my target if Ponga and Pearce leave. I think he’d be perfect compliment to the spine.

1 Hodgson
6 Clifford
7 Hughes
9 Brailey

potentially plenty of direction, points, great kicks and line breaks amongst them.

Old dog

Juniors
I assume your selection of Hodgson at 1 is for 2023 as he will not be ready for start of 2022, maybe half way or only 2023 providing reserves. Play all of 2022

ryana87

Juniors
Wait, where is this Ponga talk coming from? Is it just because he could be off-contract in 2023?
Yeah, it's all just from the media speculation around who the dolphins could sign.

And in reality, they really could sign anyone they want to build a franchise around.

Old dog

Juniors
With our current signings we have a fair to good side depending on injuries and Pearce.
If Pearce is fit and well, has some dash, is able to occasionally play second fiddle we will be ok. Injuries hurt us badly last season effecting our spine badly so injury free for a few games and less multiple injuries in key positions would be most beneficial. A good start is needed, would be nice to be in top 4-6 after a few weeks and not fluctuating between 7-10 and being considered a contender at the half way point.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Is Ponga a Wayne Bennett type of player though? Would Wayne even be chasing him?

Munster will be his number 1 target.
Milford will no doubt end up there after his one year stint at Souths.
Harry Grant a good a chance too as his old man and uncle played for the Fins.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I would be going all in on Munster. But that is me. I believe he is the best player on the planet when he is on.l point. He has an uncanny ability to create huge plays out of Nothing. For me no other player offers the 80 min threat he does when he is on. You just know he will always try to find a way to win.

Jono078

Referee
I would be going all in on Munster. But that is me. I believe he is the best player on the planet when he is on.l point. He has an uncanny ability to create huge plays out of Nothing. For me no other player offers the 80 min threat he does when he is on. You just know he will always try to find a way to win.
He had his worst year so far in the NRL but I agree otherwise. He's just a winner and has that aura about him that he'll make something happen when needed.

Apey

Staff member
Oof he was shit this year. Great player on his day but I wouldn't sign him up for the $$$ he'd want after his 2021, that's for sure.

Old dog

Juniors
Don’t know if it’s because he is a grub or that he plays so well against us that I don’t like him but that no doubt would change if he was a Knight.
Cant see him coming here, think if he leaves MELB then will be QLD bound.

Yosh

Coach
I would go all out for Nathan Cleary. We haven't had a leader general organizer type player since Joey. With the structure Cleary brings, players like Ponga, Best and Clifford would be sensational.

Latest posts