What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

The_Wookie

Bench
Oh no he’s back to 640 million pa

hahhha

Dude as far as official information is concerned, this is what there is. I cant compete with the fantasy worlds of some people in this thread that are literally grounded in nothing more than "well no it cant be true I DONT BELIEVE IT"

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Rushing into an extension with fox looks pretty bad now. It locked out possible ten/paramount and nine/Stan bids. Leaving just the FTA component which only nine appeared to be interested in.

Wb1234

Referee
Dude as far as official information is concerned, this is what there is. I cant compete with the fantasy worlds of some people in this thread that are literally grounded in nothing more than "well no it cant be true I DONT BELIEVE IT"
One of your posts says 550 million

then it’s 640 million

just pick the highest one hey ?

lol

Iamback

Coach
Rushing into an extension with fox looks pretty bad now. It locked out possible ten/paramount and nine/Stan bids. Leaving just the FTA component which only nine appeared to be interested in.

AFL added in Telstra money
NRL extended but had it differently then TV money
2031 is a long time locked in to rights

colly

Juniors
No they plan
I don't know, it's either:
- 7 years @ 4.5b = 642m per year (extension beginning 2025)
Or it's:
- 9 years rolled up @ 4.5b = 500m per year

why you would deal 2 years in advance on different terms to the next 2 years seems odd to me though. the devil is definitely in the detail!
It's like that, check out how they make it confusing, the $473m p/a amount really is less $33m for contra and Telstra $50m because they ARE NOT A BROADCASTER so that leaves the $390m revenue from Broadcaster for the AFL. But you won't get them truthfully saying a revenue from broadcasting is ALMOST the same as the NRL- heck next year with a few internationals sold off by say$10to 12m a season -we overtake that fully fictitious deal they are about to start. In the new one lets see the details what really Seven and Fox pay yearly....
As for Teltsra behaviour I think a ACCC investigation into the cronyism and wholesale bad handling of shareholding funds. Maybe a group litigation let's see the lawyers

Wb1234

Referee
To be fair to the fumblers that’s why they got more is a longer deal

it could also be conditional on a 19th team on top of more thur games and foxtel getting exclusive super sat

Wb1234

Referee
so this is what i read too. the all up is 9 years @ 4.796b = 532.88m per year. anyone agree?
It’s the only figure that makes sense

nine literally bid only 500 million yesterday

seven and foxtel aren’t beating that by 50 million pa

Colk

First Grade

Are we really that arguing that somehow Telstra is to blame or the reason for the $200m difference?

colly

Juniors
No they plan
I don't know, it's either:
- 7 years @ 4.5b = 642m per year (extension beginning 2025)
Or it's:
- 9 years rolled up @ 4.5b = 500m per year

why you would deal 2 years in advance on different terms to the next 2 years seems odd to me though. the devil is definitely in the detail!
It's like that, check out how they make it confusing, the $473m p/a amount really is less $33m for contra and Telstra $50m because they ARE NOT A BROADCASTER so that leaves the $390m revenue from Broadcaster for the AFL. But you won't get them truthfully saying a revenue from broadcasting is ALMOST the same as the NRL- heck next year with a few internationals sold off by say$10to 12m a season -we overtake that fully fictitious deal they are about to start. In the new one lets see the details what really Seven and Fox pay yearly....
V'landys really should fall on his sword for the cock up.
Chief it's not so bad, Take out Teltsra GIVEAWAY and Sleep doctor and Beds R Us colossus padding it's maybe not bigger than the NRL ( we comparing Broadcasters only )

The_Wookie

Bench
No they plan

As for Teltsra behaviour I think a ACCC investigation into the cronyism and wholesale bad handling of shareholding funds. Maybe a group litigation let's see the lawyers

The AFL refers to them as media rights. Not just tv rights. Theres a big emphasis on digitial mediums through 7plus, Kayo...and Mclachlan just specified Telstra as Im typing.

Colk

First Grade
No they plan

Chief it's not so bad, Take out Teltsra GIVEAWAY and Sleep doctor and Beds R Us colossus padding it's maybe not bigger than the NRL ( we comparing Broadcasters only )

Huh? It’s a fair deal bigger than League

Colk

First Grade
so this is what i read too. the all up is 9 years @ 4.796b = 532.88m per year. anyone agree?

Where you getting this figure? I wish it was that.

I have gone through 3 or 4 different reports now and they all mention it is seven years/$4.5 billion.

Iamback

Coach
If what I’m reading is correct (that’s an if of course) that’s only a quarter of the difference.

Need to wait for the breakdown though
Like with the Auskick as juniors and Freebies as crowd. AFL love to spin it