What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

Iamback

Coach
Where you getting this figure? I wish it was that.

I have gone through 3 or 4 different reports now and they all mention it is seven years/$4.5 billion.

The press release says until end of 2031, It looks like they added the 2023 and 2024 figures to the 7 extra years

colly

Juniors
Just to be sure Wookie, your OK at $640m pa, just asking, because as you say we or I don't believe it.....Which will be brought out when we UNCOVER the true details. However in the broadcasting AFL, NRL race if your $640m pa stands up I am wrong, some how I think it's $500m pa with HUGE padding bringing the broadcast race so close I can't call it yet. Knowing the duplicity of the AFL it will be hard to find out but we will.
The NRL should not renew Telstra as a sponsor if they don't match what they 'give' to the AFL. Go with Vodafone and give them mobile rights ( if Fox undercut us with the AFL.) Why did it take so long, it takes time to confusing document with a big headline when your only getting $160- $170m from Seven and say $250m from Fox which lands you only $410 yearly broadcast revenue, so hold your horses they did before with SIX year deal and claimed a bigger win, this is the same tactic. But this blog on BROADCAST REVENUE will be laser focused on that key Broadcaster only yearly amount.

The_Wookie

Bench
Just to be sure Wookie, your OK at $640m pa, just asking, because as you say we or I don't believe it.....Which will be brought out when we UNCOVER the true details. However in the broadcasting AFL, NRL race if your $640m pa stands up I am wrong, some how I think it's $500m pa with HUGE padding bringing the broadcast race so close I can't call it yet. Knowing the duplicity of the AFL it will be hard to find out but we will.
The NRL should not renew Telstra as a sponsor if they don't match what they 'give' to the AFL. Go with Vodafone and give them mobile rights ( if Fox undercut us with the AFL.) Why did it take so long, it takes time to confusing document with a big headline when your only getting $160- $170m from Seven and say $250m from Fox which lands you only $410 yearly broadcast revenue, so hold your horses they did before with SIX year deal and claimed a bigger win, this is the same tactic. But this blog on BROADCAST REVENUE will be laser focused on that key Broadcaster only yearly amount.

Dude Ive never cared what you believe. You keep your head in the sand. Youve not been right on this at all.

Your position on Telstras inclusion has been laughable.

Its not like the NRL didnt renew its Telstra sponsorship...what yesteday? lol.

Iamback

Coach
Dude Ive never cared what you believe. You keep your head in the sand. Youve not been right on this at all.

Your position on Telstras inclusion has been laughable.

Its not like the NRL didnt renew its Telstra sponsorship...what yesteday? lol.

sponsorship not broadcast money

colly

Juniors
The press release says until end of 2031, It looks like they added the 2023 and 2024 figures to the 7 extra years
Thats the way I see it too! So Nine years @ $4.5 billion gets you wait for it .........$500m p/a with all the padding of the sleep Doctor thrown in on that amount
* What would be a AFL yard sale without a Phantom Tesltra Bidder poking his head up saying ''you can have more $$ just ask''.. Thats's NOT the NRL fault that Tesltra, the AFL grifter, but it is something the NRL should address and I think they will.

Storm80

Juniors
Need to wait for the breakdown though
Like with the Auskick as juniors and Freebies as crowd. AFL love to spin it
And PVL dont spin?? Cmon on man live in reality…

NRL - not even 12 months ago negotiated the following (and even have NZ to sell to) “all three of its domestic media rights partners – Nine, Fox Sports and Sky TV New Zealand – now locked in until 2027, the NRL is set to receive more than a record AUS$400 million per year in total broadcast revenue.”

AFL today - $4.5b for 7 years from 2025 to 2031 broadcast revenue. $642m a year. You can say what you want about AFL and it’s administrators - but Gil McLachlan just completely teabagged PVL 8 months after signed its deal till 2027.

So even if it were as you say $470m a year, that’s still at least $70m more than NRL got. The strategy also takes seven any negotiations for NRL in 2027. So even to break even with AFL by the end of 2027 - that’s 3 seasons of at least $70m - NRL gonna have to sign a deal to cover the $210m extra AFL got between 2025-27.

Not to mention AFL got the better deal during COVID - which is why PVL kept TV deals commercial in confidence.

AFL and Gil playing chess while NRL and PVL is playing checkers.

Considering the amount of smack PVL loves to talk about AFL and Victoria and southern states, he’s seriously just had his ass handed to him by Gil, a South Australian by the way.

I think PVL’s self appointed crown of “best sports administrator in Australia” needs to be given to its rightful owner, Gil McLachlan

Iamback

Coach
And PVL dont spin?? Cmon on man live in reality…

NRL - not even 12 months ago negotiated the following (and even have NZ to sell to) “all three of its domestic media rights partners – Nine, Fox Sports and Sky TV New Zealand – now locked in until 2027, the NRL is set to receive more than a record AUS$400 million per year in total broadcast revenue.”

AFL today - $4.5b for 7 years from 2025 to 2031 broadcast revenue. $642m a year. You can say what you want about AFL and it’s administrators - but Gil McLachlan just completely teabagged PVL 8 months after signed its deal till 2027.

So even if it were as you say $470m a year, that’s still at least $70m more than NRL got. The strategy also takes seven any negotiations for NRL in 2027. So even to break even with AFL by the end of 2027 - that’s 3 seasons of at least $70m - NRL gonna have to sign a deal to cover the $210m extra AFL got between 2025-27.

Not to mention AFL got the better deal during COVID - which is why PVL kept TV deals commercial in confidence.

AFL and Gil playing chess while NRL and PVL is playing checkers.

Considering the amount of smack PVL loves to talk about AFL and Victoria and southern states, he’s seriously just had his ass handed to him by Gil, a South Australian by the way.

I think PVL’s self appointed crown of “best sports administrator in Australia” needs to be given to its rightful owner, Gil McLachlan

It comes with the game to spin

A few in the media. Particularly Roy Masters are pretty good operators and will do a breakdown.

For starters NRL put Telstra in Sponsorship.
AFL put in TV rights

So I await the detail until then I will hold fire

Iamback

Coach
Thats the way I see it too! So Nine years @ $4.5 billion gets you wait for it .........$500m p/a with all the padding of the sleep Doctor thrown in on that amount
* What would be a AFL yard sale without a Phantom Tesltra Bidder poking his head up saying ''you can have more $$ just ask''.. Thats's NOT the NRL fault that Tesltra, the AFL grifter, but it is something the NRL should address and I think they will.

So ch7 lost live games yet paid more?

Fox/Kayo lost exclusive streaming yet paid more?

We aren't talking a bit more we are talking 1/3 extra... We will see in due time

The_Wookie

Bench
It comes with the game to spin

A few in the media. Particularly Roy Masters are pretty good operators and will do a breakdown.

For starters NRL put Telstra in Sponsorship.
AFL put in TV rights

So I await the detail until then I will hold fire

Sure. Roy Masters wrote that the AFl deal was worth 473m pa over the next two years not long ago. That didnt really reach the ears of people here.

colly

Juniors
You
So AFL will basically earn $200m a year more in tv money than the NRL

In 23,24,25,26

Wow
You know somtimes I miss Diablo, what would he say you ? Oh well you know what and I completely agree with him. It's not for naught that you stuck up your head right now. We know why?