What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Theknightsrule7

Juniors
Much better crowd in Newcastle then I expected.

Seems games against Sydney sides definitely get the crowds in. Hill was packed and the lower stands were pretty full too.

Vibing

Juniors
Which game was poor? They were all close and full of drama.
I dare anyone to say that absolute rollercoaster ride at Accor last night wasn't first class entertainment & noone cared about the origin players missing

both sets of supporters would have been up & down like a piston in a V8 for 80mins
Souths on top
then Raiders
then Souths
then Raiders
then Souths
then Raiders

I lost my shit several times & couldn't sit down
had everything you'd want as a fan of neither team , hard hits ..brilliant ball movement
& plenty of whacky
& was a pure adrenalin rush for the supporters of the 2 clubs

yea
lets shut that down for a month ...

Vibing

Juniors
If we suspended the comp due to Origin , then we'd never see players like Tristan Sailor who was outstanding in Napier

he'd never oust the QLD origin fullback & would languish in QLD cup & be forgotten about ..
Theres 6 clubs now looking at him .. & others to bring into their squads to play NRL where they belong

Colk

First Grade
If we suspended the comp due to Origin , then we'd never see players like Tristan Sailor who was outstanding in Napier

he'd never oust the QLD origin fullback & would languish in QLD cup & be forgotten about ..
Theres 6 clubs now looking at him .. & others to bring into their squads to play NRL where they belong

That’s a very salient point. The Origin period gives fringe players an opportunity which in a way can be exciting

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I caught a bit of the Cheifs v. Brumbies on 9 Saturday night. Probably about 6000 there I reckon. That`s 1 v 3 on the table playing off for top four spots. That`s woeful.
Fumbleball`s got good crowds and average ratings, we`ve got great crowds and great ratings. Poor old super rugby, woeful crowds and woeful ratings.

We DO get to see these guys …. In the reserve grade matches. If you want to see them playing, watch that.

If he is good enough, he will move to a new club or find a place in his current club. If he needs the top players to go on leave, he wasnt good enough to start with.

I dare anyone to say that absolute rollercoaster ride at Accor last night wasn't first class entertainment & noone cared about the origin players missing

I think the attendance number at Accor said this quite loudly

Origin steals all interest, and this becomes a reserve competition for 5 weeks.

both sets of supporters would have been up & down like a piston in a V8 for 80mins
Souths on top
then Raiders
then Souths
then Raiders
then Souths
then Raiders

I lost my shit several times & couldn't sit down
had everything you'd want as a fan of neither team , hard hits ..brilliant ball movement
& plenty of whacky
& was a pure adrenalin rush for the supporters of the 2 clubs

yea
lets shut that down for a month ...

Sounds like we could just keep the NSW Cup running to keep the fanatics happy (we already have reserve players running out)

Vibing

Juniors
We DO get to see these guys …. In the reserve grade matches. If you want to see them playing, watch that.

If he is good enough, he will move to a new club or find a place in his current club. If he needs the top players to go on leave, he wasnt good enough to start with.
Hes obviously good enough

origin period gives him an opportunity to remind us
playing reserve grade is not the same thing

the present system is best
end of

Vibing

Juniors
I think the attendance number at Accor said this quite loudly

Origin steals all interest, and this becomes a reserve competition for 5 weeks.

Sounds like we could just keep the NSW Cup running to keep the fanatics happy (we already have reserve players running out)
when you've watched a bit more RL ( its obvious you've watched very little) you'll know what a good game looks like

oh &
The Accor attendance with the 3 missing players 12,382
& with them .. 13,382
made little difference

The 670K who watched on TV must have been bored shitless too eh

Much better crowd in Newcastle then I expected.

Seems games against Sydney sides definitely get the crowds in. Hill was packed and the lower stands were pretty full too.

The Knights v Sea Eagles games have been a bit of a rivalry event since the 1995-1997 era. As such I think it does get more interest than some of the club's other home games.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its ridiculous how some jurnos carry on and question about why we're taking the game to Adelaide because there's about 1,000 tickets left. I think there was about the same amount if not more in 2019 before the Sydney game.
"OH NO!! The game is not sold out"

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
They've shifted heaps of tickets since changing most of the 'tryline' bays to 'playmaker' which reduced ticket prices. I convinced a few Adelaide based colleagues (that have absolutely no interest in the NRL) to go, so I am really keen to see what they think - I tried to convince work to cover flights and I'd take them, no dice ha.

Here is how I think it will look. A few seats in the supporter bays but yellow will look predominantly full. Dark blue line areas are selling.

Surely this will be 50k+.

VV_fbshareicon_Retina.jpg

yakstorm

First Grade
45K+ will be a win in Adelaide. Will look predominantly full on TV, especially in the lower bowl, and will give a great atmosphere to those at the ground.

Encouraging that they have been able to move seats by changing the pricing and not having to just give away freebies.

EuroNymous

Juniors
They've shifted heaps of tickets since changing most of the 'tryline' bays to 'playmaker' which reduced ticket prices. I convinced a few Adelaide based colleagues (that have absolutely no interest in the NRL) to go, so I am really keen to see what they think - I tried to convince work to cover flights and I'd take them, no dice ha.

Here is how I think it will look. A few seats in the supporter bays but yellow will look predominantly full. Dark blue line areas are selling.

Surely this will be 50k+.

View attachment 74858
depends on how many members rock up, hopefully since its one off match they will show up

EuroNymous

Juniors
look at this way union played there last year for first time in very long time and got like 35k and I'm sure tickets were cheaper, second time origin is down there so less of a novelty and we could pull 50k

Latest posts