What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

ash the bash

Juniors
Warriors need to start campaigning for the North Stand to return to Mt Smart.

Their fans are back in force and ideally the club should be using the opportunity to try and get the ground close to the 30K capacity it once had.
I think a better call would be having a permanent 2 tier southern stand with some corp thrown in. Leaves the norther end open, make it a party deck to watch the game from, MLB style. Plus with hosting concerts at Mt Smart leaving the northern end open allows them set stage up in area.

yakstorm

First Grade
I think a better call would be having a permanent 2 tier southern stand with some corp thrown in. Leaves the norther end open, make it a party deck to watch the game from, MLB style. Plus with hosting concerts at Mt Smart leaving the northern end open allows them set stage up in area.
Was just thinking from a cost perspective. Adding back the Northern standard requires minimal investment as the foundations are still there from before and buying new seating is relatively cheap.

If the Warriors could get bigger investment, that would be great, but considering there is a semi regular debate over how many stadiums Auckland should have, etc, I think that would be a lot more difficult to get support.

It's Been Done

Juniors
The South Australian Rugby League Record Crowd until tonight is 28,884 for St George vs Balmain in 1991. How much is tonight going to crush that record? Keep in mind the maximum capacity of Adelaide Oval is 53.5k, 1k more than Suncorp

It's Been Done

Juniors
Channel 9 has said the crowd is 48,613, almost 20k more than the first NSWRL game at Adelaide Oval in 1991 back when it held only about 32k

yakstorm

First Grade
Encouraging signs for tomorrow's Women's Origin match with the upper corner bays coming back on sale at Commbank Stadium. They wouldn't be releasing more bays if there hadn't been some movement.

Harry O

Juniors
Suddenly South Aussie dropathon fans fall in love with Rugby League. Ummmmmmm do you blame them.
I love the Poms who invented this freaking game of ours