What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Harry O

Juniors
If anyone on here is interested attending tonight's game please let me know, I may have couple of tickets. But will know later this arvo.

Billythekid

First Grade
Encouraging signs for tomorrow's Women's Origin match with the upper corner bays coming back on sale at Commbank Stadium. They wouldn't be releasing more bays if there hadn't been some movement.
Wish I wasn’t on night shift. Hope we can get one of these matches up on Newcastle, reckon we could get a big crowd.

Billythekid

First Grade
They are owed something after lockdown killed their one chance of hosting the Men's Origin.
Such a missed opportunity. I know an origin in Newcastle wouldn’t make as much money as one in Sydney but the hype would be through the roof. The amount of excitement that would bring to the region would be absolutely insane.

Sometimes it does annoy me a little that we send so many games interstate to spread the game but sometimes it feels like our heartlands get forgotten. A game somewhere like Newcastle or NQLD would bring so much hype it would be just next level.

yakstorm

First Grade
Such a missed opportunity. I know an origin in Newcastle wouldn’t make as much money as one in Sydney but the hype would be through the roof. The amount of excitement that would bring to the region would be absolutely insane.

Sometimes it does annoy me a little that we send so many games interstate to spread the game but sometimes it feels like our heartlands get forgotten. A game somewhere like Newcastle or NQLD would bring so much hype it would be just next level.
They should offer to do it say every 6 years or something like that in exchange for the NSW Government finishing off Hunter Stadium.

r444_507_3448_2427_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
They should offer to do it say every 6 years or something like that in exchange for the NSW Government finishing off Hunter Stadium.

View attachment 74985
If only the FFA had won that football world cup bid eh?
Every state in Oz would have been set up with decent capacity rectangular stadiums.
In reality, it is the only way we as a country will ever get that right.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Townsville will bring a good crowd for game 2 - they've nearly sold out the lower bowl.

The upper tier is selling every second row and has a lot to go but looks promising.