What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
3 crowds over 20000 and one tonight well over 30000? Games in rude health.

Yeh, it's amazing eh?
I never would have expected such a consistent crowd average this season, yet each week just keeps on giving.
I'm sort of not surprised though. The game as a spectacle is as good if not better than it has ever been, and I've been going to games since the early 1970's.

Vibing

Juniors
Only 30,600 or so at the Gabba. Disappointing considering it was a sell-out. Playing this one at the Gabba has come at a cost of 20k fans. Bloody soccer.
its the bloody Broncos /nrl , not soccer ...
leave this one til after the WCC ... & play it at Suncorp

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
30,606 at the Gabba.

15k+ miss out due to useless scheduling.
Strange question considering I'm from Brissie, but I don't watch AFL or Cricket so know nothing about the Gabba, doesn't it hold 42k?

How is 30k a sell-out? I did notice a few empty seats in patches. Gabba members that don't like RL?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
its the bloody Broncos /nrl , not soccer ...
leave this one til after the WCC ... & play it at Suncorp
The Broncos do not control the draw. The NRL was ridiculous to schedule this fixture in this round when they knew we would be out of Suncorp.

Same with the Parramatta and Roosters games. In a perfect world, games against the Tigers, Newcastle, and Dragons (while shit) would have been good to have here.

Strange question considering I'm from Brissie, but I don't watch AFL or Cricket so know nothing about the place, doesn't it hold 42k?

How is 30k a sell-out? I did notice a few empty seats in patches. Gabba members that don't like RL?
Only holds 36k since they pulled out seats for the screen and AFL bench dugout.

I think it's due to lazy BCC members that probably have a few expats for the AFL.

Vibing

Juniors
Strange question considering I'm from Brissie, but I don't watch AFL or Cricket so know nothing about the place, doesn't it hold 42k?

it doesn't hold 42 or anything like it these days
about 35K

& yea
fumblers / cricket members who prefer yawnion , who were never coming under any circumstances would probably explain the 5K non shows

Vibing

Juniors
The Broncos do not control the draw. The NRL was ridiculous to schedule this fixture when they knew we would be out of Suncorp.

Same with the Parramatta and Roosters games. In a perfect world, games against the Tigers, Newcastle, and Dragons (while shit) would have been good to have here.

Only holds 36k since they pulled out seats for the screen and AFL bench dugout.

I think it's due to lazy BCC members that probably have a few expats for the AFL.
they get a draft draw
they signed off on it

Suitman

Post Whore
Strange question considering I'm from Brissie, but I don't watch AFL or Cricket so know nothing about the Gabba, doesn't it hold 42k?

I'm intrigued as well but the ticket agencies, the NRL and OH @ S don't help these situations.
How this game could be considered a sellout in a 42000 seat stadium and only post an attendance of 30 000 is a f**king joke.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
they get a draft draw
they signed off on it
That's not true. Teams get to submit who they would like to play at home and who they would like to play twice. The NRL doesn't guarantee that - the broadcasters get more say than clubs, and it is formulated by a system.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm intrigued as well but the ticket agencies, the NRL and OH @ S don't help these situations.
How this game could be considered a sellout in a 42000 seat stadium and only post an attendance of 30 000 is a f**king joke.
36k capacity atm. Not sure how many are held for BCC members too.

Vibing

Juniors
That's not true. Teams get to submit who they would like to play at home and who they would like to play twice. The NRL doesn't guarantee that - the broadcasters get more say than clubs, and it is formulated by a system.

Clubs do have input
everyone gets a say on who they'd like to play & when ... NRL works it out based on ground availability & broadcasters wish list..
This game could have been easily moved at the draft draw stage , why it wasn't
who knows