What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Why does Marvel get better crowds though? Closer to city, easier access???

I hate watching RL on AFL grounds live.

I like Aami Park the few times I have been there. Despite us getting spanked.
I hated watching RL at Marvel the few times I’ve been there. I think that Friday nights at Marvel work so well because it’s so close to Southern Cross Station.

beave

Coach
I hated watching RL at Marvel the few times I’ve been there. I think that Friday nights at Marvel work so well because it’s so close to Southern Cross Station.

I sat on the 2nd tier when the Storm had that finals game there against Brisbane in 2010?? and it was okay. Down low the view would have been shithouse. AAMI park is awesome in comparison for RL though, there's no 2 ways about it.

Last edited:

Vibing

Juniors
I think eventually the poor viewing experience at Marvel would pull the crowds down to the same size as the ones they'd get at AAMI , but in a ground around twice as big so an amateur look.

AAMI is the place for them
A 1st class venue

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I sat on the 2nd tier when the Storm had that finals game there against Brisbane in 2010?? and it was okay. Down low the view would have been shithouse. AAMI park is awesome in comparison for RL though, there's no 2 ways about it.
Agree. I sat on the bottom level at origin 1 2009 and it was trash - that lower level incline you’re basically sitting on the ground. Sat level 2 for origin 1 2012 and it was definitely better up there but still hated it. Hard when you’re used to suncorp lol

moffla

Bench

More accessibility to cheap seats. Once the GA/bronze tickets go at AAMI, the game becomes a lot more expensive to attend!

still, I hope we don’t have to play many more games at Marvel tbh.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is the thing about Marvel - it's perfectly fine to watch games from the top deck or if you can afford Level 2.

Ground level seating is very ordinary compared to most venues, there's very little angle to the lowest seating bowl.

Perth Red

Post Whore

They’ve done a lot of marketing and ticket offers which has worked a treat. Well done Storm.

pricing at aami is expensive, they need to have better dynamic ticketing or more cheaper seats available to crack 20k regularly there. Cost$48 for a ticket to sit behind sticks at aami for us the other week with booking fee.

jim_57

Staff member
I agree storm need to sort their pricing out so they can hit 20k more often at aami. Maybe take one blockbuster a year to marvel to hype it up and hit that 30+ crowd

First home game of the year on an AFL free weekend should be up there with the Anzac Day game as an “event” game aiming for 25k+. Plenty of options for marketing that could help.

yakstorm

First Grade
Incorrect

As co hosts Australia were known to be in slot B1 in late 2021 when the match schedule was released.
Even if the match wasn't known until everything else was confirmed in February, it's not like it still couldn't have been moved.

The NRL has made more last minute changes than that before games.

I agree storm need to sort their pricing out so they can hit 20k more often at aami. Maybe take one blockbuster a year to marvel to hype it up and hit that 30+ crowd

It would be worthwhile them investigating a blockbuster at Marvel Stadium each yeah. Ideally the weekend that Gather Round is held would be perfect for them to try and be the biggest event in town for one weekend.