What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Vibing

Juniors
Yea
the draw was done Oct 22... 2022

the " schedule " .. took place in Feb 2023

the NRL had no idea they when or where the Matilda games were taking place in this world cup

jim_57

Staff member
Marvel has definitely filled from the start. Probably mostly due to the transport issues, all trains stopped for several hours between Flinders and Southern Cross where Marvel is.
Some of the crowd might've also got there late due to a police request holding up trains in the city

yakstorm

First Grade
There are a lot more people sitting in the third tier at Marvel tonight versus last game, though not sure if that will get it to 20K.

jim_57

Staff member
Excellent crowd from the Storm

The 2 games at Marvel got over 47k which they wouldn’t have got anywhere near at AAMI Park. Good marketing I’d say making the best out of having to move venues. Hopefully they can get some good crowds for their last 2 games at AAMI.

Storm average in Melbourne 18385. AAMI 16886 (7). Marvel 23629 (2).

Last edited:

sportsnut

Juniors
Why does Marvel get better crowds though? Closer to city, easier access???

I hate watching RL on AFL grounds live.

I like Aami Park the few times I have been there. Despite us getting spanked.